CINNAMON ROLL MONKEY BREAD BAKE — Prepared cinnamon roll dough makes this sweet breakfast casserole quick and easy to put together.
Recently I found myself with a few extra cans of cinnamon roll dough in the refrigerator, and decided to turn them into a quick and easy breakfast.
This is the kind of breakfast my boys love, and they always feel like I’ve done something special. The truth is, this breakfast bake is simple enough that they could make it.
I like to think of this as a cross between monkey bread and a French toast bake. Whatever you call it, it’s always a hit!
I like to drizzle the frosting from the cans of dough over the top of this breakfast bake while it’s still warm. It really doesn’t need syrup, since there are a few tablespoons baked right in. Just pull it apart and eat it!
Although if you really wanted to go over the top, you could top each serving with some maple syrup and whipped cream.
Unlike many breakfast casserole-style dishes, I don’t recommend prepping this the night before. But it literally takes less than 10 minutes to put together. Even less time if you enlist some helpers to cut up your cinnamon rolls for you.
This is a great recipe for getting kids involved in the kitchen! And like I said, this is perfect for Christmas morning.
You don’t want to spent tons of time in the kitchen getting breakfast ready when everyone else is opening presents. Not to mention, you probably have most of the ingredients for this recipe in your pantry.
Just keep a few cans of cinnamon roll dough in your refrigerator and you can whip up this tasty breakfast any time!
Be sure to save this Cinnamon Roll Monkey Bread Bake recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Cinnamon Roll Monkey Bread Bake
- Canned cinnamon rolls
- Brown sugar
- Maple syrup
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 (17.5 oz.) cans Pillsbury Grands cinnamon rolls
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- In a large zip-top bag, mix together granulated sugar and cinnamon.
- Cut cinnamon rolls into quarters and place the pieces in the bag with the cinnamon and sugar mixture. Toss to coat well. Arrange the cinnamon roll pieces in the prepared pan.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the melted butter, brown sugar and maple syrup. Pour evenly over the cinnamon roll pieces.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown and bubbly. Remove from oven and drizzle with the frosting from the cinnamon roll packages. Serve warm.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 115Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 77mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 0gSugar: 16gProtein: 0g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: This is an original recipe