It’s really hard to say which I love best, classic chocolate chip cookies, or these loaded-with-goodness Cowboy Cookies.
If you have regular oats handy, those will work fine in place of the quick version. What are you waiting for? Go bake up a batch ASAP!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup crushed corn flakes
- 2 1/2 cups quick oats
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded, sweetened coconut
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add the milk, vanilla and eggs and beat well. Stir in cornflake crumbs and oatmeal.
- Add the flour, baking soda and salt and mix.
- Stir in the coconut, nuts, if using, and chocolate chips.
- Place tablespoon-sized balls of dough on a lightly greased or lined cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes until lightly golden around the edges.
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Mel’s Kitchen Cafe
tease-spoon of sugar
Those look great! I love Cowboy cookies, but my son is allergic to coconut. Do you think I could just omit it? The cornflakes probably add enough texture…or would they be sweet enough without it?
I love the texture, these go on my list.
Ha! I like cornflake crumbs when added to anything. I think I was the only weird kid who would rather eat cornflakes that lucky charms or something.
The cookies look great! I’m sure they taste even better. 🙂
Now this is my kind of cookie! I’ve never seen cornflakes in a cookie recipe but it has to be perfect with the other ingredients. Bet they are chewy delicious!
cowboy cookies are one of my top 5! i tried the one from brown eyed baker!
So many fun mix-ins in these cookies! They sound fantastic!
I tried commenting on these at least 3 seperate times in the past week. Blogger was giving me such trouble, but today it seems to be working. huh???
Anyway, I love cowboy cookies, but I’ve never had them with cornflakes in them. I bet they were delicious.
These are in the oven now! Can’t wait to try them!
Btw, you forgot the oven temp in your recipe.
How many cookies does this recipe make?
Do you remember how many cookies you got from this recipe?I want to say I got about 3-4 dozen using a medium ice cream scoop to measure them out, but now I don’t remember??? Mel’s Kitchen says 2-3 dozenbut I think it’s mor than that. hmmm?
These are the best cookies ever! My grandkids eat the mixture before I start cooking.