CRANBERRY PEPPER JELLY TURKEY BREAST — Tender roasted turkey breast with a sweet and spicy cranberry pepper jelly glaze.
I love trying out new turkey recipes in the week’s leading up to Thanksgiving. And let me tell you, this Cranberry Pepper Jelly Turkey Breast was a big hit!
Usually I opt for a turkey breast, because the size is more suited to my family’s needs, especially when we’re not having an actual Thanksgiving feast.
The sweet and spicy glaze on this turkey was amazing, but the thing I loved most of all was the gorgeous red color. And we all love spooning extra sauce over the cooked and sliced turkey.
The glaze gets an extra kick from diced chipotles in adobo, but if you’re worried about it being too spicy, you could certainly leave that out. You’ll still notice a bit of heat from the red pepper jelly.
Speaking of red pepper jelly, I wasn’t sure how easy that would be to find, but it was right there in the grocery store with the other jams and jellies, so hopefully you won’t have any trouble finding it.
It’s really what makes this turkey recipe unique!
One of my secrets for a moist and juicy turkey breast is to marinate it in buttermilk before cooking, so I’ve included that step in this recipe. You can skip it if you’d like, but it really does make a difference.
Also, a note about the netting that often comes on a turkey breast. Typically I leave that on during cooking, and I did with this turkey, but some of your glaze is going to come off when you remove the net.
That was okay with me, because I knew I’d be adding more glaze afterwards, but if you’d rather, you can remove the netting right from the start.
If you’re looking for a unique and delicious way to prepare your holiday turkey, then Cranberry Pepper Jelly turkey may just be the recipe for you!
My family loved it so much, I’m thinking about making two turkey breasts for Thanksgiving dinner–a traditional turkey and this sweet and spicy version.
Be sure to save this Cranberry Pepper Jelly Turkey Breast recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Cranberry Pepper Jelly Turkey Breast
- Turkey breast
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Cranberry sauce
- Pepper jelly
- Canned chipotles in adobo
- Apple cider vinegar
Cranberry Pepper Jelly Turkey Breast
Tender roasted turkey breast with a sweet and spicy cranberry pepper jelly glaze.
- 1 (2-3 lb.) boneless turkey breast
- 1 quart buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 (14 oz.) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1/3 cup sweet red pepper jelly
- 1-2 teaspoons chopped chipotles in adobo, from a can
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- Place the turkey breast in a large, zip-top bag. Pour the buttermilk over the turkey and tightly seal the bag. Place on a large plate and refrigerate for at least 8 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Remove the turkey from the buttermilk and pat dry with paper towels. Place on a rack in a roasting pan. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, combine the cranberry sauce, red pepper jelly, chipotles in adobo and garlic in a blender. Puree until smooth. Reserve 1 cup of the glaze.
- Remove the turkey from the oven and brush with some of the remaining glaze. Return to the oven, uncovered, for 30-60 minutes, until internal temperature reaches 170 degrees.
- Preheat broiler. When turkey is done, remove from oven and cut off netting (if you have left it on). Brush the turkey with more glaze, then place it under the broiler for 2-3 minutes, until glaze is bubbly and caramelized. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Stir apple cider vinegar into the reserved 1 cup of glaze and serve alongside the turkey.
Total times does not include buttermilk marinade.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 236Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 406mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 1gSugar: 24gProtein: 19g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram | Twitter
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
More Delicious Cranberry Recipes
Cranberry Jalapeno Cream Cheese Spread
This unique spread features cranberry, jalapeno, green onion and orange juice in a cream cheese base. It's the perfect combination of sweet and spicy, and perfect for any holiday celebration.
Slow Cooker Cranberry Brisket
This tender, slow cooked beef brisket is served with a savory cranberry glaze, making it the perfect main dish for your holiday dinner.
Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce
This traditional Thanksgiving cranberry sauce is a must have side dish at your holiday meal. Made from fresh whole cranberries with a hint of orange flavor.
Slow Cooker Cranberry Orange Pork Tenderloin
Pork tenderloin, slow cooked in a cranberry and orange sauce with golden raisins. The perfect holiday dinner!
Spiced Cranberry Pear Crisp
Fresh, in season pears and cranberries are lightly spiced and baked with a crumbly oat topping in this comforting fall dessert. Delicious served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Cranberry Cream Cheese Dip
A sweet and savory cranberry relish is spread over cream cheese and served with crackers. The perfect holiday appetizer!
Who Dished It Up First: Taste of the South
Those seasonings sound good!
That looks marvelous thanks for sharing
I am going to make one of each breast, buttermilk and pepper jelly…..assume they would cook the same, except the seasonings?
They should, just get 2 breasts as close to the same size as possible.