CREAMY COCONUT LIME CHICKEN — Chicken breasts are simmered in a slightly spicy coconut milk based sauce in this quick and easy weeknight dinner the whole family will love!
There’s nothing I love more than an easy weeknight chicken dinner recipe, and this Creamy Coconut Lime Chicken is a flavorful new favorite at my house!
My kids and I are big fans of coconut milk based curry dishes, so I was pretty sure this would be a hit. I was not disappointed.
And since it’s not actually a curry dish, my husband loved it too!
Tried this recipe today – and like a previous poster, used coconut cream instead of coconut milk…..it was delicious!! Thank you! ~ Tanz
The creamy sauce gets a kick from red pepper flakes and a splash of lime juice, and if we’re being honest, the sauce is my favorite thing about this dish.
You’ll definitely want to serve this dish with a side of your favorite rice or some homemade Indian Naan Bread. Either one is a perfect accompaniment to the tender chicken and creamy, delicious sauce!
Did I mention the sauce was my favorite part?
Best of all, this chicken is so quick and easy to get on the table. The hardest part is remembering to thaw your chicken breasts ahead of time. At least it is for me……
But once that’s done, you can have this chicken ready to go in less than 30 minutes, which makes it perfect for those crazy busy weeknights when you still want to serve a home cooked meal.
I added a diced red pepper to the recipe, but there’s not reason you couldn’t add even more veggies for a complete meal. Diced carrots, jalapeno (if you like even more spice), broccoli and mushrooms would all be wonderful additions.
We loved this Creamy Coconut Lime Chicken so much, I’ve started stocking coconut milk in my pantry so I can whip it up at a moments notice.
If you’re looking for a flavorful, exciting new way to serve chicken, you’ve got to give this recipe a try ASAP!
Be sure to save this Creamy Coconut Lime Chicken recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Creamy Coconut Lime Chicken
- Olive oil
- Spices: salt and pepper, red chili flakes, turmeric
- Produce: onion, garlic, red pepper, limes, fresh cilantro
- Chicken stock
- Coconut milk
- 4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 (13.6 oz.) can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1-2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken breasts and cook for 5-7 minutes per side, until golden brown and mostly cooked through. Remove to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Add the onion, bell pepper and garlic to the skillet and cook for about 5 minutes, or until vegetables begin to soften.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the chicken stock and cornstarch. Add to the skillet, along with the red chili flakes and turmeric. Bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens slightly.
- Stir in the coconut milk and simmer for another 3-5 minutes. Stir in the lime juice and cream, then return the chicken to the pan. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Continue to cook for an additional 5-10 minutes, or until chicken is completely cooked through. Sprinkle with fresh cilantro before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 453Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 19gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 126mgSodium: 211mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 41g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from A Saucy Kitchen
Last Updated on 2022-02-11 by Danelle