DILL PICKLE DIP — Featuring crunchy diced pickles and fresh herbs, this dill pickle dip is perfect with salty potato chips.
My husband is a dill pickle fanatic. Where he grew up in Canada, dill pickle flavored chips and dips were widely available. Not so much here in Colorado. Which is why I created this Dill Pickle Dip.
I think it’s one of the things he misses most about home.
I made it for work one day and now I am on my millionth time making it. I substituted the sour cream for Greek yogurt and added lots of fresh dill. There have also been requests for me to make it, jar it and sell it. ~ Jennifer
I haven’t ventured into the arena of making dill pickle chips, but I figured a tasty dill pickle dip would be pretty easy to whip up. And as is usually the case, it’s so much better than any store-bought version.
I like to make it a day ahead if I can, because the flavors are so much better when the ingredients have had a chance to mingle for a while.
But sometimes, it’s just too hard to wait that long! The best part is, you can add as many pickles as you’d like!
This dip is AMAZING, AWESOME, DELICIOUS!!!!! I will definitely not be sharing this with anybody! Thank you! ~ Alyssa
We like this best served with Ruffles, but it would also be good with fresh veggies. Or, you know, straight from the spoon.
My dill pickle loving husband gives this dip two thumbs up, and the rest of the family loves it too!
Be sure to save this Dill Pickle Dip recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Dill Pickle Dip
- Sour cream
- Cream cheese
- Minced onion
- Produce: fresh parsley, fresh dill
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh dill, finely chopped
- 4-5 medium sized dill pickles, finely chopped
- In a medium bowl, combine the sour cream and cream cheese until smooth. (I use an electric mixer).
- Stir in the minced onion, salt, fresh parsley, fresh dill and chopped pickles.
- Refrigerate until serving. Serve with chips or fresh vegetables.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: This is an original recipe.