EASY 40 MINUTE CINNAMON ROLLS — With a few shortcuts–like refrigerated pizza dough–you can have delicious cinnamon rolls with cream cheese frosting in about forty minutes.
I love a good, made-from-scratch cinnamon roll, but if you’re short on time, these Easy 40 Minute Cinnamon Rolls will satisfy your sweet roll craving!
When my kids want to make cinnamon rolls, this is the recipe they use. It’s super easy and requires very little supervision. And using refrigerated dough isn’t nearly as tricky as making the dough from scratch.
Plus, I get warm cinnamon rolls, and someone else does all the work. It’s a win-win if you ask me!
These cinnamon rolls are quick enough that you can whip them up for breakfast in the morning–not something I typically do with homemade cinnamon rolls. Because no one wants to wait hours for breakfast to be served.
And I love the sense of accomplishment my kids have when they bake up a tasty treat. Of course, eating the cinnamon rolls is their favorite part.
As far as I’m concerned, it’s not a cinnamon roll without a layer of gooey cream cheese frosting on top. Just whip up the frosting while your cinnamon rolls bake, the spread it on while they’re still warm.
I usually use refrigerated Pillsbury pizza dough in this recipe, but any pre-made, refrigerated pizza dough will work just fine. If you’d like to make a larger, 9×13 pan of rolls, just double the recipe.
If you’re really quick, you may even have finished cinnamon rolls in thirty minutes! It really depends on how long it takes you to roll and cut the dough, and how long your rolls need to bake.
So we’ll say forty minutes, just to be safe. But the good news is, you’re going to have warm, soft cinnamon rolls in less than an hour.
Like I said, nothing beats a homemade cinnamon roll made completely from scratch, but these Easy 40 Minute Cinnamon Rolls are a pretty tasty substitute if you don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen baking.
Be sure to save this recipe for Easy 40 Minute Cinnamon Rolls to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Easy 40 Minute Cinnamon Rolls
- Refrigerated pizza dough
- Cream cheese
- Powdered sugar
For the cinnamon rolls
- 1 (13.8 oz.) package Pillsbury refrigerated pizza crust dough
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
For the frosting
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a 9-inch square pan with parchment paper.
- Unroll pizza dough and press or roll into a 14x8 inch rectangle. Spread the softened butter over the dough.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle over the dough. Starting at a long end, roll up the dough and pinch the edge to seal. Slice into 9 pieces and place in the prepared pan.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool for about 5 minutes before frosting.
- While the cinnamon rolls bake, prepare the frosting by beating the cream cheese and butter with an electric mixer until combined. Stir in the powdered sugar and vanilla. Spread over still warm cinnamon rolls.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 275 Total Fat: 19g Saturated Fat: 12g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 52mg Sodium: 172mg Carbohydrates: 25g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 22g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 1g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from food.com