EGGNOG PANCAKES WITH HOMEMADE VANILLA SYRUP — Made with an eggnog batter, these fluffy pancakes are the perfect holiday breakfast when served with creamy homemade vanilla syrup!
For years we’ve had a traditional Christmas morning breakfast of biscuits and gravy. But that tradition is about to change, thanks to these Eggnog Pancakes with Homemade Vanilla Syrup.
After about three bites, my 16 year-old asked me, “Are these hard to make?” The answer is no, they’re not hard at all! Then he replied, “Then I think we should have these for Christmas breakfast!”
The rest of the family immediately agreed. These eggnog pancakes were nothing short of phenomenal!
I like eggnog, but I’m not a huge fan. I rarely just drink a glass on its own. But I do like the flavor, and it really shines through in these pancakes.
Often, when I cook or bake with eggnog, the flavor doesn’t really come through in the finished product. But these pancakes were absolutely, positively, eggnog flavored pancakes. Did I mention that they were phenomenal?
My husband and boys are eggnog fanatics, so it’s possible they loved these pancakes even more than I did. And I loved them a lot!
They truly are easy too. Basically, you just replace the milk in your pancake recipe with eggnog.
You’ll want to add a little more or less, depending on how thick you like your pancake batter. I ended up using about 2 1/4 cups, but I recommend starting with two and adding more as needed.
If you’re thinking you’ll just skip the vanilla syrup, I beg of you, don’t do it! Make the vanilla syrup! It is absolutely perfect on these pancakes, and totally worth the five minutes it will take you to make it.
With the vanilla syrup, a dollop of whipped cream and a dash of nutmeg, these pancakes are pretty much holiday breakfast perfection.
Be sure to save this recipe for Eggnog Pancakes with Homemade Vanilla Syrup to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Eggnog Pancakes with Homemade Vanilla Syrup
- Baking powder
- Spices: salt, nutmeg
- Heavy cream
For the pancakes:
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 2-2 1/2 cups eggnog
For the vanilla syrup:
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, vanilla and melted butter. Whisk in 2 cups eggnog. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until smooth.
- If needed, add additional eggnog, a little bit at a time, until batter reaches desired consistency.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased, hot griddle. Turn pancakes when bubbles form on top, then cook a minute or two longer, until the second side is golden brown.
- Serve pancakes warm, topped with vanilla syrup, whipped cream, and ground nutmeg.
- To make syrup: In a medium sauce pan whisk together water, sugar and cornstarch. Bring to a boil. Boil, stirring constantly for 3-5 minutes.
- Reduce heat. Stir in butter, salt and vanilla until butter is completely melted. Add heavy cream and simmer a few minutes longer.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 485Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 171mgSodium: 558mgCarbohydrates: 65gFiber: 1gSugar: 38gProtein: 12g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from All Recipes