GRILLED COLA CHICKEN — Grilled chicken breasts smothered in a cola based barbecue sauce.
I’m always looking for easy grilled chicken recipes to make during the hot summer months, and this Grilled Cola Chicken was a big hit with my family.
I’m pretty sure it has something to do with the cola infused sauce. It’s so bold and flavorful! In fact, this may just be my new favorite way to grill chicken.
We made two batches of the sauce, one with Cheerwine and the other with Pepsi. It was too close to pick a favorite.
Such a refreshing change from the typical Cola BBQ sauce that is overly sweet. ~ Erika
I’m also thinking the amazing barbecue sauce would be great on all kinds of grilled meats. In fact, next time I’m going to double the sauce!
This grilled chicken was simple, full of flavor, and everyone cleaned their plates. Which makes it a winner in my book. With a nice side salad, this quick and easy chicken dish made for a perfect summer meal.
We like to grill year-round, so this one is going into the regular rotation. And the leftovers (if there are any) make some great tacos!
Here’s what you’ll need to make Grilled Cola Chicken
- Olive oil
- Apple cider vinegar
- Worcestershire suace
- Spices: chili powder, paprika, salt and pepper, cumin
- Brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup cola
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- Preheat the grill for medium-high heat.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and saute for 1-2 minutes, until fragrant. Stir in the cola, ketchup, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and chili powder.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes or until sauce reduces and thickens. Remove 6 tablespoons of sauce and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, paprika, salt, pepper, and cumin. Rub the spice mixture over the chicken. Place chicken on grill and baste with 3 tablespoons of the reserved sauce.
- Cook for 5 minutes, then turn chicken over and baste with the remaining 3 tablespoons of reserved sauce. Cook for an additional 5 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with remaining sauce.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 249 Total Fat: 5g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 102mg Sodium: 416mg Carbohydrates: 11g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 9g Protein: 38g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Grilled Peaches with Vanilla Ice Cream and Salted Caramel Sauce
Fresh peaches are halved then grilled to perfection, then finished off with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, salted caramel sauce and a sprinkling of chopped nuts. The perfect summer dessert!
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Cooking Light