HONEY GINGER MARINATED FLANK STEAK — Flank steak marinated in a honey ginger sauce, then grilled to perfection.
Grilling season is officially upon us, and one of my favorite things to grill is marinated flank steak, and this Honey Ginger Marinated Flank Steak is one of my favorite ways to prepare this inexpensive cut of meat.
Although flank steak is inexpensive, when prepared properly, it can seem like something fancy. I love it when a meal takes 5 minute of prep time, but everyone thinks you’re serving them a gourmet meal!
Flank steak can be a little tough, so I always look for recipes that require a marinade. Specifically a marinade that includes something acidic, like soy sauce, lime juice or vinegar.
The acids can break down some of the tough fibers in beef and make it more tender. Not to mention, marinading adds great flavor. This flank steak combines the sweetness of honey with some soy sauce, ginger and garlic.
I love that it’s a simple marinade, so I almost always have the ingredients handy. And if not, it still turns out pretty great if you need to make substitutions.
You’ll want to get your flank steak into the marinade at least 8 hours in advance, but it’s even better if you marinade it over night.
Be sure to let your steak rest for about 10 minutes before slicing it thinly against the grain.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Honey Ginger Marinated Flank Steak
- Olive oil
- Soy sauce
- Produce: garlic, fresh ginger
- Salt and pepper
- Flank steak
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (2 lb.) flank steak
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the oil, soy sauce, honey, garlic, vinegar, ginger, salt and pepper.
- Place the flank steak in a shallow dish or large, zip-top bag. Cover or seal and let marinade for at least 8 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat grill for medium heat. Cook steak for about 8-10 minutes per side, depending on how well done you like your meat (it will be more tender if you leave some pink in the center).
- Let the steak rest for about 10 minutes before slicing against the grain to serve.
Total time does not include marinading.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 139 Total Fat: 8g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 11mg Sodium: 568mg Carbohydrates: 13g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 12g Protein: 5g
This is a pretty versatile, forgiving recipe. The marinade works well with other cuts of beef too. It’s just that flank steak really needs a marinade, so that’s the cut of meat I use it on most often.
This is pretty much an all-around, great marinade recipe to have in your collection. Just another reason I love it!
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Mel’s Kitchen Cafe