NO-BAKE SALTED CARAMEL EGGNOG CHEESECAKES — No bake cheesecake, infused with eggnog and topped with salted caramel sauce.
My husband’s favorite thing about the holiday season is the appearance of eggnog on grocery store shelves. And his all-time favorite dessert is cheesecake. So he was more than excited when I created these No-Bake Salted Caramel Eggnog Cheesecakes.
I love to serve this kind of easy but elegant dessert during the holidays. It can be such a hectic time, and this is the kind of recipe that will impress your friends and family, but won’t leave you spending hours in the kitchen.
You may not consider caramel or chocolate sauce a pantry staple, but I do! So I always keep a jar of Smucker’s Simple Delight Salted Caramel Topping and a jar of their Simple Delight Hot Fudge Topping handy.
They’re both perfect for adding a little something special to your desserts and baked goods.
I used the salted caramel topping as an ingredient in my no-bake eggnog cheesecakes, as well as a garnish.
We love salted caramel as much as we love eggnog and cheesecake, so it only seemed natural to add it to this recipe. And eggnog and caramel really are a wonderful flavor pairing!
First, I pulsed some ginger snap cookies and melted butter in my food processor to make the crumbs that would be the crust of my mini cheesecakes.
I put about a tablespoon of the ginger snap crumbs in the bottom of 12 mini dessert dishes. If you don’t have small dessert dishes, 4 ounce Mason jars work great too!
Then it was time to mix up my cheesecake filling. First I beat some cream cheese, sugar, nutmeg and vanilla with my electric mixer until everything was smooth.
Then I blended in some eggnog and the Smucker’s caramel topping.
I made sure to tell my husband and kids (who also love eggnog), not to drink the eggnog until I’d finished my recipe. Otherwise, I just knew it would disappear before I had the chance to add it to my dessert!
Finally, I folded in some fresh whipped cream to create a smooth, fluffy no-bake cheesecake filling.
I like to put the cheesecake filling into a large, zip-top bag and then snip off a corner so I can pipe it into my dessert dishes. But spooning the filling into your dishes works great too.
I finished off my cheesecakes with a drizzle of the salted caramel topping and a sprinkling of ginger snap cookie crumbs.
Like I said, eggnog, cheesecake and salted caramel are all pretty popular around here, so it would definitely be an understatement to say these No-Bake Salted Caramel Eggnog Cheesecakes were a big hit!
I’ve already had requests to add them to my Christmas menu.
Be sure to save this recipe for No-Bake Salted Caramel Eggnog Cheesecakes to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
- 1 cup gingersnap cookie crumbs (from about 20 small ginger snap cookies)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup eggnog
- 2 tablespoons Smucker's Simple Delight Salted Caramel Sauce, plus more for garnish
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Combine cookie crumbs and melted butter in a small bowl. Place about 1 tablespoon of the crumb mixture into the bottom of 12 small dessert glasses or Mason jars.
- With an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and nutmeg until smooth. Add the eggnog and caramel sauce and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the cream until stiff peaks form. Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture.
- Spoon or pipe the cheesecake mixture over the ginger snap crumbs. Refrigerate until serving. Just before serving drizzle with additional salted caramel and sprinkle with ginger snap crumbs, if desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 361Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 64mgSodium: 253mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 1gSugar: 19gProtein: 4g
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.