PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE BANANA PIE — Layers of chocolate, banana and fluffy peanut butter filling are served up in a cinnamon graham cracker crust and topped with chocolate syrup, caramel sauce, peanuts and whipped cream in this decadent dessert that’s a favorite of peanut butter lovers everywhere!
My middle son recently celebrated his 13th birthday and chose this Peanut Butter Chocolate Banana Pie to celebrate.
Every year, when I ask him to choose a birthday dessert (which is so easy now that I can just show the kids my Pinterest boards), he skips right over the cakes and heads straight for the pies. Smart boy!
Wonderful recipe! My husband loves all things chocolate, banana, peanut and this did not disappoint! I made it for his birthday this year and it was a huge hit. Thank you for sharing! ~ Jill
Another thing he’s got going for him–chocolate and peanut butter is one of his favorite flavor combinations. I told you he was smart!
This pie was over-the-top fabulous and definitely birthday celebration worthy. It left me wondering why I had never considered making a pie crust with cinnamon grahams before.
This pie was pretty easy to put together too. It will definitely leave people thinking you spent a lot more time in the kitchen than you did.
So just make it already! You won’t be sorry.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Peanut Butter Chocolate Banana Pie
- Graham crackers
- Honey roasted peanuts
- Chocolate chips
- Whipping cream
- Cream cheese
- Peanut butter
- Brown sugar
12 cinnamon graham crackers, broken into pieces 1/2 cup honey-roasted peanuts 6 tablespoons butter, melted 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips 2 cups whipping cream, divided 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened 1 cup creamy peanut butter 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar 2 teaspoons vanilla 2 large bananas, sliced Optional toppings: sweetened whipped cream, chocolate syrup, caramel sauce, chopped honey-roasted peanuts, maraschino cherries
- 12 cinnamon graham crackers, broken into pieces
- 1/2 cup honey-roasted peanuts
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups whipping cream, divided
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 large bananas, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place cinnamon graham crackers and honey roasted peanuts in the bowl of a food processor and process to form fine crumbs. Add melted butter and pulse a few more times to combine.
- Press the graham cracker mixture into a lightly greased 9-inch pie pan. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Meanwhile, microwave chocolate chips and 1/2 cup whipping cream in a small bowl at 50% power for 1 minute, or until chocolate is almost melted. Whisk until mixture is completely smooth.
- Spoon chocolate mixture into prepared crust.
- Beat cream cheese, peanut butter, brown sugar, and 1/4 cup whipping cream with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Beat vanilla and remaining 1 1/4 cups whipping cream at high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Fold the whipped cream into the peanut butter mixture until smooth.
- Arrange banana slices over the chocolate mixture in the crust. Top with the peanut butter mixture.
- Cover and chill for at least 4 hours, or overnight. Garnish with desired toppings.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Chocolate Peanut Butter No-Bake Dessert
Who Dished it Up First: Adapted from My Recipes.