PINEAPPLE BLACK BEAN SALSA — Black beans, fresh pineapple, jalapeno and cilantro are tossed with lime juice in this healthy, refreshing salsa.
I love a good, fresh salsa, especially during the summer time! You can never go wrong serving chips and salsa at a backyard barbecue or party.
Really, you can’t go wrong with chips and salsa any time of year, but this Pineapple Black Bean Salsa is perfect for summer time!
Not only is this delicious sweet and savory salsa full of amazing flavors, it’s full of beautiful colors too!
Best of all this salsa is good for you, and so easy to make. Honestly, I could probably finish off the whole bowl myself. I don’t even need tortilla chips. Just pass me a spoon!
You can adjust the heat level on this salsa by using more or less jalapenos. The more seeds you leave in your jalapenos, the spicier your salsa will be.
You can use canned pineapple tidbits in place of the fresh in a pinch, but I do recommend fresh pineapple if you can get it. It is so good!
This Pineapple Black Bean Salsa is sure to be a hit any time you serve it. It can be made ahead and kept in covered in the refrigerator for several days.
Sometimes I even enjoy it as a light lunch. I hope you love it as much as I do!
Be sure to save this Pineapple Black Bean Salsa recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Pineapple Black Bean Salsa
- Canned black beans
- Produce: fresh pineapple, fresh cilantro, red onion, jalapeno, green onions, garlic
- Lime juice
- Salt and pepper
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1.5 cups fresh diced pineapple
- 2-3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 small jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2-3 tablespoons lime juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and toss to mix well.
- Refrigerate until serving. Serve with tortilla chips.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: This is an original recipe