I often let my kids choose all or part of our dinner menu, and when they choose, they also help cook. And these Salted Caramel Brownie Truffles are perfect for making with kids.
Don’t get me wrong, I knew these Salted Caramel Brownie Truffles would be good, but I didn’t think they’d be “I can’t stop eating them” good.
I should have known–chewy chocolate brownies and Rolos, covered in chocolate and sprinkled with a dash of sea salt. Of course I couldn’t stop eating them!
And they’re so easy to make. The recipe calls for a box mix, but you could certainly use your own recipe, as long as the brownies are chewy rather than cakey. Enjoy!
- 1 box brownie mix (for a 9×13 pan) plus ingredients for making brownies
- 3 dozen Rolos, unwrapped
- 12 ounces milk or dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons course sea salt
- Prepare brownies according to the 2 egg directions on the back of the box. Cool completely.
- Cut the brownies into 1 inch squares (you should have 34-36 pieces).
- Place an unwrapped Rolo on each square. Wrap the brownie around the Rolo and form into a ball.
- Place the brownie balls on a baking sheet lined with wax paper. Refrigerate for at least one hour.
- In a microwave safe bowl, microwave the chocolate at 50% power for one minute. Stir. Repeat at 30 second intervals until chocolate is completely melted.
- Dip the brownie bites into the melted chocolate. Sprinkle with a pinch of coarse sea salt. Place on wax paper until chocolate is set.
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Inside BruCrew Life.