SLOW COOKER BACON CHEESEBURGER SOUP — This hearty soup is loaded with ground beef, cheddar cheese and bacon, then topped with crispy waffle fries for all the flavors of your favorite burger in a warm, satisfying meal.
Everyone in my family loves a good cheeseburger, so it’s no surprise that this Slow Cooker Bacon Cheeseburger Soup was a big hit at my house!
It was especially popular with my husband and teenage boys!
This cheesy, creamy soup is such a delicious twist on a classic bacon cheeseburger. Ground beef, onions, tomatoes, crispy bacon, and cheddar cheese (of course!) are all combined in a thick, savory broth. But my favorite part of all is the waffle fries!
That’s right, while your soup is simmering in the slow cooker, you back up a batch of waffles fries to use as garnish.
I can’t tell you how delicious a waffle fry is dipped in some cheeseburger soup! Pure comfort food!
I think my husband loved this soup even more than I did. We topped each both of with some diced fresh tomatoes and chopped green onions. A little extra bacon and shredded cheese doesn’t hurt things either.
The original recipe suggested lettuce, but I just couldn’t get on board with lettuce in my soup. But if you feel differently, by all means, throw some lettuce on top!
And did I mention the waffle fries? They are an absolute must, and what sets this soup apart from all the other cheeseburger soup recipes out there!
This was such a comforting, hearty meal for a chilly evening. And I do mean hearty! One bowl was enough to fill us all up. But no one was complaining about having leftovers!
Be sure to save this Slow Cooker Bacon Cheeseburger Soup recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Slow Cooker Bacon Cheeseburger Soup
- Ground beef
- Produce: onions, celery, green onions, tomatoes
- Beef broth
- Canned diced tomatoes
- Steak sauce
- Montreal steak seasoning
- Cheddar cheese
- Waffle fries
- Salt and pepper
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 (15 oz.) can fire roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup steak sauce
- 2 teaspoons Montreal steak seasoning
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (22 oz.) bag frozen waffle fries
- 4-6 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled (plus more, for garnish)
- 2-3 green onions, chopped (plus more, for garnish)
- Diced fresh tomatoes (for garnish)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Spray a 5-6 quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In a large, nonstick skillet, cook ground beef, onions and celery over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until meat is browned; drain.
- Add the ground beef mixture, beef broth, canned tomatoes, steak sauce and steak seasoning to slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high 3-4 hours.
- About 30 minutes before serving, stir in cheese; stir occasionally while cooking waffle fries.
- Just before serving, stir in cooked, crumbled bacon and green onions. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Prepare waffle fries as directed on package. Serve soup topped with waffle fries, and additional crumbled bacon, additional chopped green onions, and diced fresh tomatoes.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Pillsbury