My family loves these Easy Sesame Noodles, but I was still surprised at what a huge hit these kicked up, Spicy Sesame Noodles with Peanuts were with my family.
Although I did serve those on the side, since they’re not everyone’s favorite. And that means more peanuts for me!
These noodles are so quick and easy. They don’t take much longer that the time it takes to cook the pasta. Which means they’re great for a quick lunch or a busy weeknight dinner.
I did have Thai basil handy, but regular basil would work as a substitute.
- 16 ounces angel hair pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon hot chili oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3-4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped peanuts
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh Thai basil leaves
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients, except for the green onions, peanuts and basil.
- Add cooked noodles to sauce mixture in bowl and toss to coat. Let stand for a few minutes to allow pasta to absorb the sauce, then toss again.
- Stir in green onions and basil.
- Sprinkle with chopped peanuts, if desired.
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from epicurious.com