CREAMY TUSCAN RAVIOLI SOUP — A creamy tomato based broth is loaded with cheesy ravioli, fresh spinach and Italian sausage in this hearty, crowd-pleasing soup the whole family will love.
When I spotted this Tuscan Ravioli Soup recipe over at my friend Gina’s blog last winter, I knew I needed to make it immediately!
Made this tonight – delicious! Super quick, super tasty. Definitely a recipe to repeat. ~ Karen
My whole family loved it, proclaiming it one of the best soups I’ve ever made! It’s become a staple on our menu during the fall and winter.
Of course, anything that features pasta is bound to be a hit in a houseful of hungry teenage boys. They hardly even noticed the spinach–which isn’t something they would normally eat.
And it’s so easy–you can have this creamy, filling soup on the table in about 30 minutes.
Nothing beats a warm bowl of soup on a chilly night, and this one is hearty enough that I know no one (not even my teenage boys) will leave the table hungry.
I have used this recipe several times. I found Tortellini to be a good sub for the ravioli. This soup is a family favorite! ~ Chuck
This recipe does make a lot of soup, but it freezes well. And I don’t know about you, but I really love having leftovers for busy weeknights when I don’t have time to cook.
I know we’ll be making hearty, pasta filled soup again and again!
Be sure to save this Creamy Tuscan Ravioli Soup recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Creamy Tuscan Ravioli Soup
- Italian sausage
- Produce: onions, garlic, fresh spinach
- Spices: basil, oregano, salt and pepper
- Canned crushed tomatoes
- Chicken stock
- Half and Half
- Parmesan cheese
- 2 pounds ground Italian sausage
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teasoon dried oregano
- 2 (28 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 (20 oz.) package fresh cheese ravioli (I used Biutoni)
- 5-6 cups fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 2 cups half and half
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large stock pot, brown sausage until no longer pink. Drain grease, if needed. Add onion and garlic and cook until soft, 3-5 minutes longer. Stir in basil and oregano.
- Add crushed tomatoes and chicken stock and bring to a boil. Add ravioli and cook for about 5-7 minutes, or until ravioli is just tender. Stir in chopped spinach and cook for a few minutes more, until spinach is wilted.
- Slowly stir in half and half. Return soup to a simmer and add Parmesan cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste. If desired, garnish with additional Parmesan cheese before serving.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Kleinworth and Co. If you’ve never been to Gina’s site, head on over and pay her a visit! She shares amazing recipes and fun DIY projects, and is one of my very favorite people.