WHITE CHOCOLATE MOUSSE CHERRY PARFAIT — A chocolate crumb crust is topped with cherry pie filling and a smooth, creamy white chocolate mousse in this easy but elegant dessert.
I first served these White Chocolate Mousse Cherry Parfaits for our Christmas dessert last year, but I couldn’t help thinking how perfect they’d be for Valentine’s Day.
They’re so easy, but taste and look absolutely amazing! Easy but elegant, as I like to say. Everyone will think you spent hours in the kitchen.
A chocolate Oreo crumb crust is topped off with some cherry pie filling, then it’s all covered in a decadent white chocolate mousse. It’s a heavenly combination of flavors.
This recipe does make quite a few servings, and it’s a bit tricky to make half because of the gelatin and pudding mixes. But the mousse will keep well in the refrigerator for almost a week, and I’m sure you won’t have any trouble finishing it off!
I usually get between 8-12 servings using small dessert dishes or mini Mason jars. Topping them off with some chocolate shavings adds an extra special touch.
This mousse is the perfect dessert for any special occasion.
Here’s what you’ll need to make White Chocolate Mousse Cherry Parfait
- Unflavored gelatin
- Whipping cream
- Almond extract
- White chocolate pudding mix
- Cherry pie filling
- 20 Oreo cookies
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (.25 oz) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 package (3.3 ounces) instant white chocolate pudding mix
- 1-2 (21 oz.) cans cherry pie filling
- Place Oreos in the bowl of a food processor; cover and process until cookies are finely chopped.
- Add butter and pulse until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside.
- For mousse, in a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over 1/2 cup cream and let stand for 1 minute.
- Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved. Remove from the heat.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat remaining whipping cream until it begins to thicken.
- Add the sugar and almond extract and continue to beat until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in the warm gelatin mixture.
- In a large bowl, whisk the together the milk and pudding mix until thick. Fold the pudding into the whipped cream mixture.
- Divide the cookie crumbs among 8-12 individual dessert dishes or small mason jars. Spoon desired amount of cherry pie filling into each dish. (You may not need both cans of pie filling).
- Pipe or spoon the white chocolate mousse over the cherries. (You may not use all the mousse. Refrigerate it to enjoy later!) Refrigerate parfaits for at least 2 hours, or until firm.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 493Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 77mgSodium: 293mgCarbohydrates: 56gFiber: 1gSugar: 19gProtein: 4g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: This is an original recipe