MOUTHWATERING STUFFED MUSHROOMS — Mushrooms are filled with a savory mixture of cream cheese and bacon, then baked until piping hot in this classic appetizer even mushroom haters will devour.
Truthfully, I’m not a huge fan of mushrooms, but I love these Mouthwatering Stuffed Mushrooms! And when I say I love the, I mean, a lot!
Mushroom caps stuffed with bacon and cream cheese, my friends! How could they not be fabulous? I like to serve them as an appetizer to Thanksgiving dinner and they are always a huge hit.
I could not believe how delicious these are! I made them for company and the tray emptied quickly. I would highly recommend these. ~ Jessica
A lot of stuffed mushrooms recipes have you chop up the mushroom stems and add them to the filling. And not being a huge fan of mushrooms, that has never appealed to me.
I think that’s the reason I love these stuffed mushrooms so much. The mushroom flavor isn’t over-powering. So don’t be surprised to see people who don’t like mushrooms gobbling up this savory little appetizers.
The filling for these mushrooms can be made several days ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator. It can even be made ahead and frozen. Just be sure to bring it back to room temperature before stuffing the mushrooms.
The filling holds it shape pretty well during cooking, so don’t be afraid to generously stuff those mushrooms caps. I usually fill the caps, and then add another generous spoonful of filling on top of that.
I made these for Christmas Eve dinner to go with chilled Dungeness crab. They were a perfect addition! Everyone liked them, including the picky ones. ~ Michelle
Just don’t forget to dip the tops in breadcrumbs once they’re stuffed. It really helps hold everything together and keep the filling in the mushrooms.
The number of servings you get from the recipe will depend somewhat on the size of your mushrooms, but I usually get close to 30. However many it is, it never seems to be enough!
Be sure to save this Mouthwatering Stuffed Mushrooms recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Mouthwatering Stuffed Mushrooms
- Cream cheese
- Spices: pepper, onion powder, cayenne pepper
- Parmesan cheese
- Olive oil
- About 30 whole fresh mushrooms
- 8-10 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup seasoned dry breadcrumbs, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350. Clean mushrooms; break off stems and discard.
- Combine cream cheese, bacon, 1/3 cup of breadcrumbs, Parmesan and spices.
- Brush mushroom caps with oil and fill with a generous amount of cream cheese filling. Dip tops in additional breadcrumbs and place on lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until mushrooms are piping hot and liquid starts to form under caps.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First : Adapted from allrecipes.com