FAVORITE EGG SALAD — Hard boiled eggs, celery, red pepper and green onion come together in my Favorite Egg Salad. Great for sandwiches or enjoying straight from the bowl.
Thanks for posting this! I made it this afternoon and it was just right. I really liked the celery, and the lemon juice was perfect. Wished i had the red bell pepper, but no worries, I’ll definitely be making this again! ~ Klutzy
In my opinion, perfect egg salad starts with perfect hard boiled eggs. This is how I make mine:
Place your eggs in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Once the water starts boiling, cover the pot and turn off the heat and set the timer for 15 minutes.
When time is up, drain the water from the pan and run cold water over the eggs to stop the cooking. I like to throw in a few ice cubes. Once your eggs are cool, you can peel them and chop them up for egg salad.
If you’re a fan of egg salad, I hope you love this recipe as much as I do!
Be sure to save this Favorite Egg Salad recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Favorite Egg Salad
- Hard boiled eggs
- Produce: celery, red bell pepper, green onion
- Lemon juice
- Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
- 6 large eggs, hard boiled, cooled and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Mix the eggs, celery, red pepper, green onion, mayonnaise, lemon juice and Dijon mustard together. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve between slices of bread, sandwich style.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like: