STRAWBERRIES AND CREAM CAKE — Layers of moist white cake are sandwiched between a whipped cream cheese, strawberry studded frosting in this beautiful and delicious cake that’s perfect for any spring celebration!
I know it’s not quite strawberry season, but this Strawberries & Cream Cake is sooooo good, I couldn’t wait to share.
If you love strawberry shortcake, well…..this delectable strawberries and cream dessert is even better! I started with a white cake mix to keep thing simple, but you could certainly use your favorite white cake recipe.
The best part, of course, is the cream cheese and whipped cream frosting, loaded with fresh strawberries. It’s so fluffy and delicious, I was tempted to skip the cake and eat the frosting with a spoon.
I definitely recommend using three cake pans for perfect layers if possible–but you could certainly make this as a two layer cake if you only have two pans. You should have plenty of frosting either way, so don’t be afraid to be generous!
Honestly, cake decorating is not my forte, so if I can make this cake, you can too. And even if it doesn’t look perfect, the result is so delicious, no one will even care.
To say my family loved this cake would be a huge understatement. My husband couldn’t stop raving about this cake–or eating it. I’m pretty sure he had a piece with every meal.
This strawberry cake is so fresh and light, it’s hard to stop at just one piece. Really, my words don’t do this cake justice. You just need to try it!
Be sure to save this Strawberries & Cream Cake recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Strawberries & Cream Cake
- White cake mix
- Instant white chocolate pudding mix
- Sour cream
- Vegetable oil
- Almond extract
- Heavy cream
- Cream cheese
- Powdered sugar
For the cake
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 box (3.4 oz.) instant white chocolate pudding
- 5 egg whites
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
For the frosting
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 cups chopped strawberries, plus more strawberries for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour 3 (9-inch) round cake pans.
- In a large bowl, combine cake ingredients. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- Divide the batter evenly between the prepared pans. Bake for 17-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes before turning onto wire racks to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, make the frosting: in a medium bowl, beat the heavy cream until very stiff peaks form.
- In a separate large bowl, beat the softened cream cheese with an electric mixer on high speed until light and fluffy.
- Add the sugar and vanilla to the cream cheese and beat until well combined.
- Gently fold the strawberries into the cream cheese mixture. The frosting will turn slightly pink. Mix until the frosting is a uniform color.
- Fold the whipped cream into the frosting in two batches.
- Spread 1 1/2 to 2 cups frosting over the top of one cake layer (don’t be afraid to be generous). Place another cake layer on top and repeat.
- Place the third cake layer on top and frost the top and sides of the cake with the remaining frosting. Garnish with additional fresh strawberries, if desired.
- Refrigerate until serving. Keep leftover cake in the refrigerator.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Strawberry Lemon Pie
Fresh strawberries are piled into flaky pie crust then finished off with a sweet glaze and a sprinkling of lemon zest. The perfect spring or summer dessert!Get the Recipe
Strawberry ButterGet the Recipe
Strawberry Almond Crisp
Fresh strawberries are baked with a cinnamon, almond and oat streusel, then finished off with a sweet glaze. The perfect summer dessert with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.Get the Recipe
Strawberry Buttermilk Pie
A classic Southern buttermilk pie meets a fresh glazed strawberry pie in this delightful dessert mash-up that's perfect for spring and summer.Get the Recipe
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Ice Cream Cake
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Ice Cream Cake: Strawberry ice cream is sandwiched between two decadent chocolate cake layers, then covered in a rich chocolate ganache in this easy but elegant dessert creation.Get the Recipe
Strawberry Cream Pie with Chocolate Drizzle
A sweetened cream cheese pie filling is topped with fresh sliced strawberries and finished off with a drizzle of chocolate.Get the Recipe
Who Dished It Up First: This is an original recipe.