LEMON GARLIC BREAD — Traditional garlic bread gets a fresh twist with a sprinkling of lemon zest.
I’ll take a slice (or two….or three) of crusty garlic bread with almost any meal. It’s one of those things I just can’t resist. And this Lemon Garlic Bread is a fabulous way to fancy-up your average baguette.
The subtle lemon flavor pairs perfectly with the garlic and makes this loaf something you can serve with any meal.
It’s such a simple thing to add a sprinkling of lemon zest, but it turns an average loaf of garlic bread into something extra special.
The recipe is really more of a guideline than something you need to follow exactly, so feel free to adjust the amount of garlic and lemon to suit your tastes. Enjoy!
Be sure to save this Lemon Garlic Bread recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Lemon Garlic Bread
- Olive oil
- Produce: garlic, lemons, fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper
- 1 small baguette, halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons butter, very soft
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine softened butter, olive oil, garlic and lemon zest. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spread garlic and lemon mixture over cut sides of baguette.
- Place bread on a large baking sheet and bake until golden, 10-12 minutes.
- Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley before serving.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Cuisine at Home