SLOW COOKER APPLE COBBLER — Sliced apples are slow cooked with cinnamon and vanilla, then topped off with a crumbly biscuit style topping. Comfort food in dessert form!
If there’s a fall dessert that begs to be made in a slow cooker, it’s got to be this Slow Cooker Apple Cobbler. It’s warm, comforting, and the aroma while it cooks is just wonderful.
Besides being delicious, this cobbler is so easy to make. You really do need to add this recipe to your fall baking line-up!
Cobblers and crisps are pretty simple as desserts go, but I just love the added ease and convenience of making this in the slow cooker. It’s so nice to have a warm dessert ready to go on a chilly fall day!
My sixteen year-old loves apple desserts. So much so that he requested apple pie as his “birthday cake.”
Everyone in the family loved this cobbler, but he was in dessert heaven. In fact, he had the leftovers for breakfast the next day (minus the ice cream) and could not have been happier.
You do want to use a tart apple in this recipe, to counter all the sugar. I recommend Granny Smith.
And if you don’t have an apple peeler, corer and slicer, I highly recommend picking one up, especially if you cook or bake with apples often.
This cobbler is on the shorter end of cooking times for slow cooker recipes. I find mine is usually ready to serve after 4 hours.
If you need to keep it in the slow cooker longer than that, I recommend turning it to the warm setting, otherwise it can get pretty crispy around the edges.
This apple cobbler is delicious on its own, but a scoop of vanilla ice cream pretty much makes it perfect!
Be sure to save this Slow Cooker Apple Cobbler recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Slow Cooker Apple Cobbler
- Spices: cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, salt
- Lemon juice
- Biscuit baking mix
- Brown sugar
Slow Cooker Apple Cobbler
Sliced apples are slow cooked with cinnamon and vanilla, then topped off with a crumbly biscuit style topping. Comfort food in dessert form!
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Total Time: 4 hours 20 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
For the apples:
- 6 cups peeled and sliced tart apples
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
For the topping:
- 1 cup biscuit baking mix
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Ice cream, for serving (optional)
- Lightly grease the bowl of a slow cooker.
- Add the apples, spices, salt, sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice and vanilla and stir until everything is well combined and apples are coated.
- In a small bowl, combine biscuit mix and brown sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in chopped pecans. Sprinkle to topping over the apple mixture.
- Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours, or until the apples are tender. Serve with ice cream, if desired.
Keywords: apple, cobbler
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Taste of Home