LEMON BLUEBERRY MUFFINS WITH LEMON GLAZE — These blueberry and lemon muffins are made extra special with a sweet and tangy lemon glaze.
Blueberry and lemon is one of my favorite flavor combinations. So it’s no surprise that I found these Lemon Blueberry Muffins with Lemon Glaze irresistible.
I definitely ate my fair share. Okay, maybe a few more than my fair share.
My family loved these muffins too. I dare say they disappeared more quickly than any muffin I’ve made in recent memory. They would be perfect for a Mother’s Day brunch or summer baby shower.
You can use frozen blueberries in this recipe. Just don’t thaw them first or your batter will be too wet, and probably turn a nice shade of purple.
If you’ve got some blueberries that are a little to ripe to eat, this is the perfect way to use them!
I love the flavor of almond extract in the glaze, but vanilla will work too if that’s what you prefer. These were such a hit, I’m already thinking about making them with different berries.
I think a raspberry or mixed berry version would be fabulous! Whatever kind of berry you use, make these muffins as soon as possible. You’re family and friends will thank you!
Be sure to save this recipe for Lemon Blueberry Muffins with Lemon Glaze to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Lemon Blueberry Muffins with Lemon Glaze
- Produce: lemons, blueberries
- Baking powder
- Powdered sugar
- Almond extract
Lemon Blueberry Muffins with Lemon Glaze
Blueberry lemon muffins are made extra special with a sweet and tangy lemon glaze.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 1 dozen
- Category: Bread
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 cups + 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon baking poweder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in buttermilk, lemon juice, vanilla and zest.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Stir into creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in blueberries.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full of batter. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine confectioners’ sugar, lemon juice, almond extract; drizzle over cooled muffins.
Keywords: blueberry, lemon, muffins
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Taste of Home