TOFFEE CARAMEL APPLE BUNDT CAKE — This fall bundt cake is loaded with fresh apples, pecans and sweet toffee bits, then topped off with a homemade caramel glaze.
This is easily one of the best cakes I’ve made in a long time, and my family agreed. They couldn’t stop raving about it. They also couldn’t stop eating it!
This cake is wonderfully moist on the inside, with a slightly crunchy outside. It’s pretty much the perfect fall cake, and if you ask me, it tastes an awful lot like a caramel apple.
I mean, how can you go wrong with apples and cinnamon paired with toffee bits and chopped pecans? You really can’t!
And did I mention the homemade caramel glaze? It’s heavenly. Especially with an extra sprinkling of toffee bits for garnish.
I usually like to use Granny Smith Apples for baking, and that’s what I used in this cake. But really, most any variety of apple (or a combination) would work just fine.
And you could certainly use walnuts in place of the pecans. Or, if you don’t care for nuts, you could replace them with additional toffee bits.
But don’t skip the toffee bits! They really add something special to this cake, and give it that caramel apple flavor that I love.
And of course, if you’re in a hurry and don’t have time to make your caramel sauce from scratch, a jarred version will work just fine.
Be sure to save this Toffee Caramel Apple Bundt Cake recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Toffee Caramel Apple Bundt Cake
- Vegetable oil
- Baking soda
- Spices: cinnamon, nutmeg, salt
- Granny Smith apples
- Toffee bits
- Brown sugar
- Heavy cream
Toffee Caramel Apple Bundt Cake
This fall bundt cake is loaded with fresh apples, pecans and sweet toffee bits, then topped off with a homemade caramel glaze.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Yield: 12 servings
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
For the cake:
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups peeled and finely diced Granny Smith apples
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cups toffee bits
For the caramel glaze:
- 3/4 cups butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Additional toffee bits for garnish
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Generously grease and flour a 10-cup bundt pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix oil, sugar and eggs until well blended.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Add flour mixture to oil mixture and stir until smooth. Add vanilla.
- Stir in apples, pecans and toffee bits. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove to wire rack to cool for 10 minutes before turning out of pan to cool completely.
- To make caramel sauce: In a medium saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Stir in brown sugar and cream Bring to a boil over low heat, then reduce to a simmer, stirring constantly. Boil for 10 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Cool for 10-15 minutes before pouring over cake. Sprinkle with additional toffee bits.
Keywords: cake, toffee, caramel, apple, bundt
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Great Grub, Delicious Treats