ULTIMATE CANDY BAR PIE — With nougat and creamy chocolate layers, and a candy bar crust and topping, this pie really is the ultimate dessert!
When my teenage son saw this Ultimate Candy Bar Pie in one of my cooking magazines, he immediately volunteered to make it himself. We were not disappointed!
There are so many amazing things about this pie, but let’s just start with the crust. It’s made of Butterfinger candy bars! How brilliant is that?
That’s topped off with a layer of candy bar style nougat, made of marshmallow cream and peanut butter.
Then there’s a rich chocolate layer, topped off with a mound of homemade whipped cream. And lots of crushed candy bars to finish everything off.
This pie really was the “ultimate” dessert. I mean, how could you possibly go wrong with all of those delicious layers?
And my son was pretty proud of his creation, to say the least.
As you might expect, this pie is pretty rich. So while you’ll be tempted to take a giant slice, I recommend starting small.
But it keeps for several days in the refrigerator, so you’ll have a chance at another slice.
In fact, you can make this pie up to three days in advance and keep it in the refrigerator until serving. We topped our finished pie with chopped Butterfinger, Snickers, and Kit Kat bars, but feel free to use your favorites.
This pie is one of those showstopper desserts that will impress everyone, but it’s really not that hard to put together. You don’t even need an oven.
If my teenage son can pull it off, so can you! Trust me, you’ll be glad you did, and everyone who gets a slice of this pie will thank you too!
Be sure to save this Ultimate Candy Bar Pie recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Ultimate Candy Bar Pie
- Butterfinger candy bars
- Graham cracker crumbs
- Marshmallow cream
- Peanut butter
- Toffee bits
- Whipping cream
- Corn syrup
- Chocolate chips
- Assorted candy bars
For the crust:
- 3 full size Butterfinger candy bars
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
For the pie:
- 2 (7 ounce) jars marshmallow creme
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup toffee bits
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1 cup chocolate chips
For the topping:
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Chopped candy bars, for garnish
- In the bowl of a food processor, pulse Butterfinger candy bars into fine crumbs. In a medium bowl, combine candy bar crumbs, graham cracker crumbs, and melted butter. Press the mixture into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch pie plate. Freeze until firm, about 10 minutes.
- With an electric mixer, beat marshmallow creme, peanut butter, and toffee bits until combined. Spoon mixture into prepared crust, and smooth top. Set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave 1/3 cup cream and corn syrup until hot, about 30 seconds. Stir chocolate chips into hot cream mixture until melted and smooth. Pour chocolate mixture over marshmallow and peanut butter filling and smooth top.
- Cover and refrigerate until chilled, at least one hour, but up to 3 days.
- When ready to serve, combine 2 cups whipping cream and 1/4 cup sugar in a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- Top pie with whipped cream and garnish with chopped candy bars before serving.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Taste of the South