PRESSURE COOKER CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE — Rich, decadent chocolate cheesecake with a chocolate crumb crust, cooked to perfection in your Instant Pot.
You guys! This cheesecake! I mean, you can literally see how amazing it is, right? I’m telling you, it tastes as decadent and delicious as it looks.
This cheesecake and my Pressure Cooker New York Cheesecake are the number one reason I own an Instant Pot. Because it makes absolutely perfect cheesecake!
Yes, you have to use a slightly smaller springform pan, but that’s a good thing. It keeps you from eating way too much cheesecake. And it would be really easy to eat way too much of this particular cheesecake.
I think it’s heavenly with fresh raspberries, or raspberry sauce, but even on it’s own, it’s pretty irresistible. But yes, I’m afraid you really do need to let it chill overnight in the refrigerator before you try it.
If you’ve ever tried making a cheesecake with a perfectly smooth top in the oven, you know how hard it is to come away with no cracks. With a pressure cooker, it’s not hard at all.
That’s because all that steam inside the pressure cooker pretty much ensures your cheesecake will come out free of cracks.
Besides a 7-inch springform pan, you’ll need to use the rack that goes in the bottom of the Instant Pot.
And be sure to cover your cheesecake tightly with foil. You don’t want any of that moisture actually getting on the top of your cheesecake.
If you are a fan of chocolate, or cheesecake, and especially if you are a fan of both, I’m here to tell you that this Pressure Cooker Chocolate Cheesecake is one of the best I’ve ever made.
If you’re the proud owner of an electric pressure cooker, this recipe really is a must try!
Be sure to save this recipe for Pressure Cooker Chocolate Cheesecake to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Pressure Cooker Chocolate Cheesecake
- Chocolate cookie crumbs
- Cream cheese
- Brown sugar
- Sour cream
For the crust:
- 1 cup chocolate cookie crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
For the cheesecake:
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 whole egg, room temperature
- 2 egg yolks, room temperature
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 8 ounces dark chocolate, melted
- Lightly grease a 7-inch spring form pan. Fold a long piece of foil into a sling, 5-6 inches wide and about 20 inches long. Place the rack in the bottom of your Instant Pot and pour in 2 cups of water.
- To make the crust, combine the chocolate cookie crumbs and melted butter. Press into the bottom of the prepared pan. Place pan in freezer while you make the filling.
- With an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and both sugars until well combined. Add eggs and egg whites, one at a time. Stir in sour cream.
- Add vanilla, salt and flour. Mix until creamy, scraping down the bowl often. Stir in the melted chocolate until smooth.
- Pour the mixture over the prepared crust and smooth the top. Cover tightly with foil. Place the pan on the foil sling and carefully lower it into the pressure cooker. Fold the foil sling down so that it doesn't interfere with closing the lid.
- Lock the lid in place. Select high pressure and set the timer for 30 minutes. When beep sounds, turn off pressure cooker (unplug it). Use a natural pressure release for 10 minutes, and then a quick pressure release to release any remaining pressure.
- Remove the cheesecake from the pressure cooker using the sling and transfer it to a cooling rack for one hour. Transfer the cheesecake to the refrigerator to chill overnight before serving.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from The Great Big Pressure Cooker Book