CHOCOLATE ORANGE BUNDT CAKE — The flavors of orange and chocolate are the perfect compliment to each other in this rich, moist bundt cake. Finished off with a chocolate glaze, this cake is the perfect dessert for any special occasion.
If you love the flavor combination of orange and chocolate, then you need to make this Chocolate Orange Bundt Cake as soon as possible!
We always get those delicious chocolate oranges in our Christmas stockings every year, so for me, the flavors of this bundt cake remind me of the holiday season. And this cake would definitely be the star of any holiday dinner menu.
Of course, chocolate and orange are a perfect flavor combination any time of year, and this cake is worthy of any special occasion. But it’s easy enough that you don’t need to wait for a holiday or special occasion to make it.
That’s one of my favorite things about bundt cakes–they’re easy but elegant. I find that baking almost any cake in a bundt pan elevates it to something special. So if you don’t own a good bundt pan, I highly recommend adding one to your collection of baking equipment.
One of my biggest secrets for getting bundt cakes out of the pan without sticking is a generous coating of Baker’s Joy cooking spray. That, and a high quality, non-stick bundt pan will ensure you rarely have a cake that sticks.
I also recommend a bundt pan with a simple style. The more nooks and crannies there are, the more chance your cake will stick to the pan. For garnish, I opted for chocolate covered blueberries, orange zest and fresh mint.
When you study the ingredient list, you’ll notice this cake has a few unique feature. For starters, there are no eggs. And no, balsamic vinegar is not a mistake. It really enhances the chocolate and orange flavors, but no one will ever suspect what the secret ingredient is.
The result is a moist and dense yet tender chocolate cake with a wonderful orange flavor. The chocolate glaze adds a fancy finishing touch. No one will ever know how easy this cake was to make, and you’ll get rave reviews and requests for the recipe too!
Be sure to save this Chocolate Orange Bundt Cake recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Chocolate Orange Bundt Cake
- Cocoa powder
- Baking soda
- Spices: cinnamon, salt
- Orange juice and zest
- Balsamic vinegar
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups orange juice
- 2 tablespoons finely grated orange zest
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- Preheat to 350 degrees. Generously spray a bundt pan with baking spray.
- With an an electric mixer, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and cocoa. Stir in the orange juice, mayonnaise, vinegar and vanilla and mix until just combined. Fold in the orange zest.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the cake comes out clean, 45-55 minutes. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, make the glaze by stirring the powdered sugar and cocoa together in a medium bowl. Whisk in the orange juice, 1 tablespoon at a time, until glaze reaches a good consistency for drizzling. Spoon the glaze over the cooled cake.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Food Network