APPLE OATMEAL MUFFINS — These hearty muffins are loaded with oats, apples and fall spices. Perfect for packing in lunches, quick breakfasts or after school snacking.
I love baking with apples! Especially at this time of year. And I must say, these Apple Oatmeal Muffins are some of the tastiest muffins I’ve tried in quite awhile.
The combination of apples, oats and spices is just perfect, although I find an extra dash of cinnamon never hurts! As an added bonus, the whole house smells lovely while they bake.
Made these today – truly delicious and made my house smell like autumn. Thank you! ~ Julia
I made a fourth batch of these yesterday, truly delicious! So moist, so yummy and full of fruit. This recipe is truly a keeper, I don’t even need to look at it anymore while making them! ~ Maja
Here’s what you’ll need to make Apple Oatmeal Muffins
- Brown sugar
- Vegetable oil
- White and whole wheat flours
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Spices: cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, salt
- Rolled oats
- Pecans or walnuts
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 medium apple, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, mix together the sugars, eggs, oil, vanilla and applesauce.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flours, baking powder, soda, salt and spices.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients in the bowl. Stir in the oats, apples, and nuts.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from King Arthur Flour.