CHEESY BEEFARONI SOUP — This hearty tomato based soup is packed with ground beef and macaroni and topped with lots of shredded cheese. It’s total comfort food that will take you back to your childhood.
I’m starting to feel a chill in the air in the evening, which means soup weather is just around the corner! And this Cheesy Beefaroni Soup is always a hit with kids and grown-ups alike!
Think of this a loaded tomato soup, and you’ll understand why it’s such comfort food. In fact, it almost begs to be served with a grilled cheese sandwich for dunking.
It totally takes me back to my childhood. So it’s no surprise that my kids love it too!
Even better, this soup is so quick and easy to make. It’s definitely one of those recipes that kids can help make, and a great dinner to have in their collection when they head out on their own.
Using jarred pasta sauce really gives this soup a great depth of flavor, without a long cooking time. It’s a great way to start your soup off with tons of herbs and spices already added in.
I usually use elbow macaroni, because that’s usually what I have on hand, but shells are another favorite around here. Ditalini would be another grate choice!
And the cream cheese shredded mozzarella really put it over the top! I also like to add some fresh chopped basil just before serving.
This comfort food recipe should be a staple in everyone’s collection. It’s the kind of thing I crave on a chilly night, and I know my family will always leave the table satisfied when I serve this Cheesy Beefaroni Soup for dinner.
Be sure to save this Cheesy Beefaroni Soup recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Cheesy Beefaroni Soup
- Olive oil
- Produce: garlic, onions, fresh basil
- Ground beef or turkey
- Spices: salt and pepper, oregano, basil, red pepper flakes
- Marinara sauce
- Beef stock
- Cream cheese
- Mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/2 cups dry elbow macaroni
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 pound ground beef or turkey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 (23.5 oz.) jar prepared marinara sauce
- 4 cups beef stock
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped basil
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, for garnish
- Cook pasta in boiling, salted water for 6 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and onions and cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the ground meat and cook until no longer pink. Stir in the salt, pepper, oregano, basil and red pepper flakes.
- Pour in the marinara sauce and beef stock and mix well. Bring to a simmer and whisk in the cream cheese until smooth. Simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
- Add the partially cooked pasta to the pot. Simmer for an additional 10 minutes, or until pasta is done.
- Just before serving, stir in the fresh basil. Ladle into bowls and top with shredded mozzarella cheese.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Mantitlement