SESAME CHICKEN DIP — Cream cheese, seasoned chicken, sweet and sour sauce, fresh greens and peanuts are layered together and served with rice crackers in this unique and delicious dip that’s always a hit at parties and potlucks.
It might seem like a strange list of ingredients, but when you layer all the ingredients and let the flavors get acquainted for a few hours in the refrigerator, then serve it with crispy rice crackers, the results are outstanding.
I also like to cut won-tons into triangles, brush them vegetable oil, sprinkle them with salt, then crisp them up in the oven. They make the perfect “chips” for serving with this Asian-inspired dip.
Not only is this dip unique and delicious, with the help of a supermarket rotisserie chicken and prepared sweet and sour sauce, it comes together in almost no time!
I really love that this dip is perfect for almost any occasion, celebration or holiday. Whether it’s a winter holiday, birthday party, spring potluck or tailgating in the fall, this savory dip is always one of the first things to disappear.
I first served this dip as an appetizer on Christmas Eve and we all loved it. And since it needs to sit in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving, it can be made ahead–always a bonus when you’re entertaining or party planning.
I also feel a little less guilty serving this dip because of the spinach. And you can definitely use low-fat cream cheese in this recipe too!
And since most people will have never had anything like this Sesame Chicken Dip, don’t be surprised if you get lots of requests for the recipe!
Be sure to save this Sesame Chicken Dip recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Sesame Chicken Dip
- Soy sauce
- Produce: garlic, fresh spinach, green onions
- Sesame oil
- Cream cheese
- Sweet and sour sauce
- Sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Pinch of pepper
- 2 1/2 to 3 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sweet and sour sauce
- 1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- 2-3 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped salted peanuts
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Rice crackers, for serving
- In a medium bowl, whisk together soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic and pepper. Add chicken and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Spread the cream cheese in an even layer on a large serving plate. Spread sweet and sour sauce over cream cheese. Sprinkle with spinach, chicken, green onions, peanuts and sesame seeds.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Serve with rice crackers for dipping.
Total time does not include refrigeration
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 156Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 49mgSodium: 179mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 0gSugar: 3gProtein: 17g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Taste of Home