I have been meaning to post this recipe for Homemade Ranch Dressing forever. I make it all the time….let’s just say we have at least one child who dips everything in ranch dressing. And the homemade version is so easy, and so much better than the bottled stuff.
This isn’t the sort of recipe where you have to be super exact with measurements. If you want to use green onions in place of chives, go right ahead. If you like a little more garlic, or a little less dill, no problem.
Fat free mayo and sour cream work just as well as the full-fat versions, and Greek yogurt can be substituted for sour cream.
Feel free to adjust the ingredients to suit your tastes. Add more or less buttermilk for a thicker or thinner consistency.
I keep my ranch dressing in a mason jar in the refrigerator, where it will keep well for about a week–if it lasts that long.Print
Homemade Ranch Dressing
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 3-4 fresh chives (or 2-3 green onions)
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh dill
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place 1/4 cup of buttermilk and remaining ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Add more buttermilk, as needed, to reach desired consistency.
- Store in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Serving Size: 12
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Confections of a Foodie Bride