PARMESAN GARLIC BREADSTICKS — These quick and easy, made-from-scratch breadsticks are loaded with garlic and Parmesan cheese. They’re sure to become a family favorite!
I think my children could live on breadsticks, and these Parmesan Garlic Breadsticks are our absolute favorite. There are definitely not any low-carb diets happening around here.
Whether dipped in warm marinara sauce or a bowl of hot soup, we just can’t seem to get enough of these breadsticks!
Sooooo good!!! We had spaghetti for dinner and this recipe was an awesome addition. Definitely a new found staple in my kitchen!!! Thanks!! ~ Kyra
I’m pretty sure the reason they’re so delicious is because these breadsticks are filled with savory garlic butter and Parmesan cheese. Everything is brushed and sprinkled on before the breadsticks are twisted into shape and baked.
And I can’t resist adding more garlic butter and Parmesan cheese after baking. No wonder they’re so good!
I also love that these breadsticks are so easy to make. They use just a few simple ingredients and have a short rise time.
Which is great if you’re like me and forget that you wanted to make homemade bread for dinner until it’s too late.
These were great! Quick, easy and delish! Will make again, my kids looooved them. ~ Sonya
Thank goodness they don’t take long to make, because they disappear almost as fast as I can pull them out of the oven. If I’m saving them for dinner, I have to hide them or they’ll be gone!
Parmesan cheese and garlic are a classic combination, but other varieties of cheese work well too. Cheddar, mozzarella, or even blue cheese are great substitutions if you’re looking to change up the flavor of these breadsticks.
Whatever you do, you really can’t go wrong here. This is a recipe everyone is sure to love!
Be sure to save this recipe for Parmesan Garlic Breadsticks to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Parmesan Garlic Breadsticks
- Olive oil
- Parmesan cheese
Parmesan Garlic Breadsticks
These quick and easy breadsticks are loaded with garlic and Parmesan cheese. They’re sure to become a family favorite!
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings
- Category: Bread
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/2 to 4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Coarse salt, for sprinkling
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine warm water, yeast and sugar. Let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in olive oil and salt.
- Gradually add the flour until a soft dough forms. Let dough raise for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir together melted butter and minced garlic.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a large square, about 16×16 inches. Brush dough with half of the garlic butter. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Fold dough in half, then cut into 1 inch wide strips. Twist strips and place on 2 lightly greased baking sheets. Allow breadsticks to raise for 15-20 minutes while you preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Bake for about 18-20 minutes, or until golden brown. Brush breadsticks with remaining garlic butter and sprinkle with coarse salt.
Total time does not include rising.
Keywords: parmesan, garlic, breadsticks
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Six Sisters’ Stuff.