EASY PARMESAN GARLIC KNOTS — Refrigerated biscuit dough is rolled into ropes, then tied into knots and covered in herbs, butter and Parmesan cheese to create these irresistible and fun bread recipe.
Usually, I’m pretty good at practicing restraint when it comes to things like bread and dinner rolls. Except when I make these Parmesan Garlic Knots.
Honestly, I don’t know what it is, but I cannot stop! They’re just so buttery, and garlicky, and Parmesan cheesy. And there is probably something in that biscuit dough too!
I was first introduced to the garlic knot at one of our local pizza joints, and I was pretty much in heaven. I think my family would go there just to order the garlic knots.
So I knew I had to try making these buttery, garlicky little pieces of bread at home. Otherwise we’d be spending a fortune on take-out garlic knots!
If you really have an aversion to canned biscuit dough, you could always whip up a batch of your favorite pizza dough and go from there.
But I’m pretty sure those biscuits in a can are somehow infused with buttery goodness, and that may just be the secret to this recipe. It also may be what makes these garlic knots kind of addictive.
My whole family devours these almost as quickly as I can make them. And they are so easy, I have to restrain myself from making them too often.
Because once they’re made, I know I’ll be saying goodbye to self-restraint of any kind. So yes, you should absolutely make a batch of these garlic knots as soon as possible!
Be sure to save recipe for Easy Parmesan Garlic Knots to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Easy Parmesan Garlic Knots
- Refrigerated biscuits
- Spices: garlic powder, oregano, parsley, salt and pepper
- Parmesan cheese
Easy Parmesan Garlic Knots
Refrigerated biscuit dough is rolled into ropes, then tied into knots and covered in herbs, butter and Parmesan cheese to create these irresistible and fun bread recipe.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 2 dozen
- Category: Bread
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Italian
- 1 tube (16.3 oz.) Grands (or any large size) refrigerated biscuits
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Coarse salt and pepper, to taste (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Cut each biscuit into thirds. Roll each piece of dough into a 3 inch rope and tie in a knot, tucking ends under.
- Place knots 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 7-10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- While knots are baking, combine melted butter, garlic powder, oregano and parsley in a small bowl.
- Remove knots from oven and brush with butter mixture. Immediately sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, and salt and pepper, if desired.
Keywords: bread, garlic, knots
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Taste of Home.