LEFTOVER POT ROAST PATTY MELTS — With a creamy mayo-steak sauce spread, grilled onions, and two kinds of cheese, you’ll love these leftovers!
I don’t know about you, but when I make a roast, I almost always have leftovers. Well, these Leftover Pot Roast Patty Melts are the best thing to happen to leftover roast since….EVER!
In fact, I purposely cook extra roast now, just to make sure I have enough leftovers to make these sandwiches the next day.
My husband said this was even better than the pot roast! ~ Lisa
With a creamy mayo-steak sauce spread, grilled onions, and two kinds of cheese, these sandwiches are the best variation on a patty melt I’ve ever tried.
The grilled onions are the star of these sandwiches, as far as I’m concerned. Sure, it takes a little bit of time and attention to get them caramelized just right. But it’s SO worth it!
These hearty, satisfying meal was also huge hit with my husband and hungry teenage boys!
You can grill these on a stove-top or electric griddle, or in a panini press or George Foreman style grill. No matter how you cook them up, you’re going to love these leftovers!
Be sure to save this recipe for Leftover Pot Roast Patty Melts to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Leftover Potroast Patty Melts
- Leftover pot roast
- Salt and pepper
- Provolone cheese
- Cheddar cheese
For the sandwiches:
- 2-3 cups leftover shredded pot roast
- 8 slices sturdy bread
- 3 tablespoons butter, plus more for the bread
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 slices Provolone cheese
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
For the sauce:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons steak sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Re-heat the pot roast in the microwave. Butter one side of all 8 slices of bread.
- Melt 3 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet. Add onions and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until onions are soft and golden brown.
- Season with salt and pepper and remove from heat.
- Combine the sauce ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Heat a griddle over medium-high heat. Spread a layer of the sauce on the unbuttered side of 4 slices of bread. Top with a piece of cheddar cheese.
- Top each slice of cheddar with about 1/2 cup of pot roast, a generous portion of onions, and the slice of Provolone cheese. Top with the remaining slice of bread, buttered side out.
- Grill, flipping once, until both sides are browned and crispy.
- Serve patty melts with the remaining sauce, for dipping.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 779 Total Fat: 51g Saturated Fat: 20g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 28g Cholesterol: 141mg Sodium: 826mg Carbohydrates: 35g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 8g Protein: 41g
These were absolutely delicious! Is it bad that I woke up thinking about maybe having another one tonight? ~ Natalie
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Cassie Craves.