BLUEBERRY PIE BARS — Blueberry pie filling, infused with a hint of lemon zest, is baked between layers of buttery crust in this easy dessert that’s perfect for almost any occasion.
If you love the idea of blueberry pie without all the work, then these blueberry pie bars are for you! Using canned blueberry pie filling makes them even easier to put together.
With a delicious buttery crust and a delicious blueberry filling, they’re the perfect kind of bar for summer time–delicious served with a cold glass of freshly squeezed lemonade!
They’re also fabulous served slightly warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. And we may or may not have eaten them for breakfast.
Honestly, whether they’re warm, cold or room temperature, these blueberry pie bars are delicious!
If you don’t have a lemon handy, don’t despair. You can still make this recipe without the zest. I just like the way it brightens up the canned filling. But it’s definitely optional.
My family loved these bars so much, we already have plans to try the recipe with some of our other favorite pie fillings. I’m thinking peach pie bars will be in the works very soon!
But cherry, raspberry, even apple–they’d all be delicious and just as easy to make. I don’t think there’s a pie filling you couldn’t use in this recipe!
One thing is for sure. I’ll be keeping blueberry pie filling handy at all times so I can whip up this easy dessert whenever the craving strikes!
Be sure to save this Blueberry Pie Bars recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Blueberry Pie Bars
- Baking powder
- Blueberry pie filling
Blueberry Pie Bars
Blueberry pie filling, infused with a hint of lemon zest, is baked between layers of buttery crust in this easy dessert that’s perfect for almost any occasion.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- 1/2 cup white sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cold butter, diced
- 1 egg
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (21 oz.) can blueberry pie filling
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a 9×9 inch square pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, stir together sugar, flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Use a fork or pastry cutter to blend in the butter and egg. The dough will be crumbly. Pat half of the dough into the prepared pan in an even layer.
- In another bowl, stir together the blueberry pie filling and lemon zest.
- Spread the blueberry filling evenly over the crust. Crumble the remaining dough evenly over the blueberry layer.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the top is light golden brown. Cool completely before cutting into squares.
Keywords: blueberry, pie, bars
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from All Recipes