PUMPKIN STREUSEL MUFFINS — These sweet pumpkin muffins with a brown sugar and cinnamon streusel topping are simple yet delicious!
We get up early around here, so I love having some grab-and-go breakfast choices available for my teenagers as they head out the door to school. And since pumpkin season is upon us, I thought a Pumpkin Streusel Muffin recipe was in order.
This is a basic (but delicious) recipe that could easily be adapted to include things like nuts or chocolate chips, so feel free to experiment.
Chopped nuts are also delicious in the streusel (pecans are my favorite), but to appease everyone at my house, I leave them out. Either way, I believe every muffin is made better with a streusel topping!
This recipe makes about two dozen regular sized muffins. As much as we like muffins, we can’t eat them that quickly, so I like to put half in the freezer for later.
If you’re looking for a simple pumpkin muffin recipe that can easily be adapted to suit your tastes, look no further. I hope you love these muffins as much as we do.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Pumpkin Streusel Muffins
- Baking powder
- Spices: cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, salt
- Canned pumpkin puree
- Vegetable oil
- Brown sugar
For the muffins:
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 cup milk
For the streusel:
- 1 cup flour
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin pans with paper muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and spices. In a separate bowl, beat together the pumpkin puree, oil, eggs, vanilla and milk. Stir the pumpkin mixture into the flour mixture until just blended.
- To make the streusel, combine flour, brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full with batter. Sprinkle streusel generously over batter. Bake muffins for 17-23 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: This is an original recipe