GARLIC CHEDDAR CHIVE DROP BISCUITS — These soft, tender biscuits are loaded with cheddar cheese, chives and a hint of garlic. So easy to make, they’re a perfect addition to almost any meal.
I can’t resist a good biscuit, and these Garlic Cheddar Chive Drop Biscuits are definitely irresistible. Judging by how quickly they disappeared, my family agrees!
I love making these biscuits in my cast iron skillet, but your favorite baking sheet will work just as well. The great thing about drop biscuits is you don’t have to worry about rolling out the dough and cutting it.
You just drop (hence the name) a big spoon full of biscuit dough onto your pan and let it take whatever shape it may. Which means you also don’t have to worry about your biscuits looking perfect.
Because what really matters is how they taste, and believe me, these biscuits taste amazing!
Since you don’t roll and cut, you don’t have to worry about overworking your dough, which is the reason that some biscuits end up looking and tasting more like hockey pucks.
But not these biscuits! They are perfectly soft, fluffy and buttery. Even better, these biscuits are filled with cheddar cheese, fresh chives and garlic salt for a wonderful savory flavor.
And yes, the buttermilk really does make a difference. I always end up with leftover buttermilk though, so I simply add a tablespoon of vinegar to the bottom of my measuring cup and then add regular milk to equal one cup.
Let it sit for a few minutes until it curdles and you’ve got a great buttermilk substitute.
I would happily eat these biscuits with any meal, but they’re an especially wonderful thing to serve with soups and stews on a chilly evening. If you’ve never tried making biscuits before, this recipe is a great place to start. Enjoy!
Be sure to save this recipe for Garlic Cheddar Chive Drop Biscuits to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Garlic Cheddar Chive Drop Biscuits
- Baking powder
- Spices: garlic salt, pepper
- Cheddar cheese
- Sour cream
Garlic Cheddar Chive Drop Biscuits
These soft, tender biscuits are loaded with cheddar cheese, chives and a hint of garlic. So easy to make, they're a perfect addition to almost any meal.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup cold butter, diced
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Butter a large cast iron skillet, or line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, garlic salt and pepper. Cut in butter with two knives or a pastry cutter, until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Add shredded cheese and chives and toss to coat. Stir in buttermilk and sour cream until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Drop dough by the 1/4 cup full (I use a large scoop) onto the prepared skillet or baking sheet. Bake for 13-17 minutes, or until golden brown.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram | Twitter | Google+
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Blue Cheese Pull-Apart Bread
Easy Parmesan Garlic Knots
Parmesan Garlic Breadsticks
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from She Wears Many Hats
Helen at the Lazy Gastronome
This looks delicious! I’d be so honored if you shared it at our What’s for Dinner link party. Share as many recipes as you like!
Have a wonderful rest of the week!