Now that it’s officially fall, I feel okay about posting my first pumpkin recipe of the season. Don’t get me wrong, I love all things pumpkin. I’m just not quite ready for it while it’s still summer. But believe me, this Pumpkin Cream Cheese Banana Bread recipe is worth the wait!
This bread has so much going for it–pumpkin, bananas, and a ribbon of sweetened cream cheese–I don’t know what else you could possibly want in a quick bread. Except for a powdered sugar glaze and a sprinkling of pecans.
My family loved this bread for both breakfast and snacking, and both loaves disappeared in a few days!
I don’t know about you, but I can always use another recipe for using up over-ripe bananas.
I think this recipe would also make some pretty marvelous muffins or mini loaves too! Perfect for giving to friends and neighbors during the holidays.
I’ve also frozen this bread, and it was just as delicious as fresh. You can, of course, skip the powdered sugar drizzle, but I think it’s what makes this bread extra special.
I know this will sound crazy, but my husband isn’t a big fan of pumpkin baked goods, but he really liked this bread, because the pumpkin wasn’t overwhelming.
And you really do taste both the pumpkin and the banana. So if you love banana bread, and you love pumpkin bread, you’re definitely going to love this.
A few delicious variations: add some chopped pecans or chocolate chips, or both, to the batter before baking.
Don’t forget to save this delicious pumpkin bread recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Banana Bread
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
For the bread:
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
For the cream cheese filling:
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon flour
For the drizzle:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease two 9×5 inch loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, stir together the mashed banana, eggs, vanilla, oil, pumpkin, and sugars.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon. Stir into the banana mixture until just combined.
- In a medium bowl, beat the ingredients for the cream cheese filling until smooth.
- Divide half of the batter between the 2 prepared pans. Spoon equal amounts of the cream cheese filling down the center of each loaf. Top with the remaining batter.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. Cool loaf in the pan for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, position a cooling rack over wax paper. Whisk together the powdered sugar, vanilla and 1-2 tablespoons of milk. Turn the loaves onto the cooling rack and drizzle with the glaze. Sprinkle with the chopped pecans and cool completely before slicing and serving.
Makes 2 loaves.
- Serving Size: 24
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: This is an original recipe.