PUMPKIN CREAM CHEESE BANANA BREAD — This super moist, incredibly tasty fall quick bread features both pumpkin and bananas, with a swirl of sweetened cream cheese throughout.
I don’t know about you, but I can always use another recipe for using up over-ripe bananas.
I think this recipe would also make some pretty marvelous muffins or mini loaves too! Perfect for giving to friends and neighbors during the holidays.
I’ve also frozen this bread, and it was just as delicious as fresh. You can, of course, skip the powdered sugar drizzle, but I think it’s what makes this bread extra special.
I know this will sound crazy, but my husband isn’t a big fan of pumpkin baked goods, but he really liked this bread, because the pumpkin wasn’t overwhelming.
And you really do taste both the pumpkin and the banana. So if you love banana bread, and you love pumpkin bread, you’re definitely going to love this.
A few delicious variations: add some chopped pecans or chocolate chips, or both, to the batter before baking. Whatever you do, just be sure to add this Pumpkin Cream Cheese Banana Bread to your fall baking list!
Be sure to save this Pumpkin Cream Cheese Banana Bread recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Pumpkin Cream Cheese Banana Bread
- Vegetable oil
- Canned pumpkin puree
- Brown sugar
- White sugar
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Spices: pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, salt
- Cream cheese
- Powdered sugar
For the bread:
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
For the cream cheese filling:
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon flour
For the drizzle:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease two 9x5 inch loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, stir together the mashed banana, eggs, vanilla, oil, pumpkin, and sugars.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon. Stir into the banana mixture until just combined.
- In a medium bowl, beat the ingredients for the cream cheese filling until smooth.
- Divide half of the batter between the 2 prepared pans. Spoon equal amounts of the cream cheese filling down the center of each loaf. Top with the remaining batter.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. Cool loaf in the pan for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, position a cooling rack over wax paper. Whisk together the powdered sugar, vanilla and 1-2 tablespoons of milk. Turn the loaves onto the cooling rack and drizzle with the glaze. Sprinkle with the chopped pecans and cool completely before slicing and serving.
Makes 2 loaves.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 24
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 257Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 37mgSodium: 199mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 2gSugar: 25gProtein: 4g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: This is an original recipe.