BEEF PINEAPPLE CURRY — Thinly sliced beef with pineapple chunks and red peppers in a creamy, coconut milk based curry.
A few weeks ago I went out to lunch with my 16 year-old son. He ordered Beef Pineapple Curry. Let’s just say it was one of those “I wish I had what he was having” moments.
So of course, I had to recreate his lunch at home so I could enjoy it for myself! I should say that I’m a huge fan of curry, and this is one of my favorites!
Honestly, the pineapple is my favorite part, and I’d love a totally vegetarian version. But I am feeding a bunch of hungry teenage boys…..
If you’d prefer, you can sub chicken for the beef and it’s just as good. I used beef because I wanted to recreate the dish just as we had it at the restaurant.
Yes, I did eat more than my fair share of my son’s lunch that day. But I was paying, so what could the poor kid do?
This recipe, as written, makes a fairly mild curry. Feel free to add some cayenne pepper if you like a spicy curry.
You could also sub a jalapeno pepper for one of the bell peppers for a little extra heat.
This dish is loaded with so many amazing flavors–coconut milk, curry paste, pineapple, green onion, red pepper, garlic, cilantro, and ginger, to name a few.
And it’s such a pretty, colorful dish too! I like using red peppers in the dish, but green, yellow, orange, or a combination will work just fine!
We usually serve this over jasmine or basmati rice and there are never any leftovers. This one will definitely become a part of the regular dinner rotation at our house!
Be sure to save this Beef Pineapple Curry recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Beef Pineapple Curry
- Stir-fry beef
- Produce: onion, garlic, red bell peppers, fresh cilantro, green onions
- Coconut milk
- Red curry paste
- Spices: curry powder, ground ginger, salt and pepper
- Brown sugar
- Heavy cream
- Pineapple chunks
- Rice, for serving
Beef Pineapple Curry
Thinly sliced beef with pineapple chunks and red peppers in a creamy, coconut milk based curry.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Sauteed
- Cuisine: Indian
- 1-2 teaspoons oil
- 1 pound thinly sliced stir-fry beef
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (15 oz.) cans coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 (20 oz.) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped
- 2-3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2-3 green onions, chopped
- Hot cooked rice, for serving
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add beef and onion and cook until beef is browned and cooked through. Stir in garlic and cook another minute.
- Stir in the coconut milk, curry paste, curry powder, ginger and brown sugar and simmer for about 5 minutes. Add the cream and bring to simmer. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Stir in the pineapple and peppers. Cook for 20-25 minutes, until peppers are just tender as sauce is thickened.
- Just before serving, stir in the cilantro and green onions. Serve over hot cooked rice.
Keywords: beef, pineapple, curry
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: This is an original recipe.