SLOW COOKER THAI PEANUT PORK — Slow cooked pork and vegetables in a sweet and spicy Thai peanut sauce. Serve over rice or rice noodles for a complete meal.
I’m fairly certain, being made in a slow-cooker, that this is not authentic Thai cuisine. But this Slow Cooker Thai Peanut Pork is so good, I just can’t bring myself to care.
I’m sure you could prepare it more traditionally, without the slow-cooker, but I love the ease and convenience of throwing it in the Crock Pot and not having to fuss over it too much.
Thanks for this recipe. I made it tonight, and my hubby and I really liked it. Plus, there are a ton of leftovers, which is great. ~ Carolyn
My family doesn’t think it’s too spicy, but you can always start with one teaspoon of chili sauce (found in the Asian section of most grocery stores) if you’re worried.
You can also use red pepper flakes as a substitution. You can also switch up the vegetables to suit your tastes. A squeeze of lime is a must though! And so are the chopped peanuts!
You can probably tell from the photos that the chopped peanuts are my favorite topping for this dish!
I will say that my husband is not a peanut butter fan, so this isn’t his favorite dish, but my picky kids always goes back for seconds.
And being a huge fan of all Thai cuisine, I usually sneak an entire meal’s worth from the pot before we even sit down to dinner. It’s really that good!
Fresh chopped cilantro is another great topping. This is really the kind of dish where you can raid your refrigerator or pantry and add all kinds of delicious things.
I like to serve this dish over Basmati rice, but it’s great with rice noodles too. No matter how you serve it, this Slow Cooker Thai Peanut Pork is destined to become a favorite family dinner!
Be sure to save this Slow Cooker Thai Peanut Pork recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Slow Cooker Thai Peanut Pork
- Pork loin
- Teriyaki sauce
- Rice vinegar
- Chili sauce
- Ground ginger
- Produce: garlic, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, snow peas, limes
- Creamy peanut butter
- Rice or rice noodles, for serving
- 1 (2 pound) pork loin
- 1 cup low-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 4 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chili sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 2 cups snow peas
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted peanuts
- 2-3 limes, cut into wedges
- Cooked rice or rice noodles
- Lightly grease a slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Place pork loin in slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the teriyaki sauce, rice vinegar, chili sauce, ginger and garlic.
- Pour the teriyaki mixture over the pork loin. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours.
- Remove the pork from the slow cooker and shred with two forks.
- Whisk the peanut butter into the juices in the slow cooker.
- Return the pork to the slow cooker, along with the sliced peppers and snow peas and cook for 30-60 minutes more, until vegetables are tender but still crisp.
- Serve over rice or noodles with green onions, peanuts and lime wedges to garnish.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 405Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1078mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 7gSugar: 14gProtein: 16g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from allrecipes.com