ITALIAN BEAN SALAD — A healthy, protein packed salad featuring two kinds of beans, pepperoni, cheese, artichoke hearts, peppers and an Italian vinaigrette.
I love a good salad! Especially in the summer months when I don’t want to turn on the oven. And this Italian Bean Salad makes the perfect summer side or light lunch any day!
This gorgeous salad features two kinds of beans–green and cannellini–plus lots of veggies like tomatoes and artichokes. Add a handful of fresh herbs and a homemade vinaigrette and this salad is just about perfect!
I love keeping a protein packed salad like this in the refrigerator for lunch, and it’s also a great option for taking to lunch at the office.
This salad keeps well in the refrigerator for several days, so it’s perfect for lunch on the go.
It’s also a great picnic salad, since their aren’t any mayonnaise based dressings to transport. Bring along a loaf of crusty bread and you’ve got a perfect summer meal!
I love that this salad is so versatile! Swap the pepperoni for salami, use a different kind of cheese, or add in some roasted red peppers for variety.
I usually get olive tapenade from the cheese counter at my local grocery store, but you can also use some finely chopped olives and a handful of capers in a pinch.
No matter how you mix it up, this salad will be a hit at home, or at any summer barbecue or potluck. And it’s a great way to use all those fresh veggies and herbs from your garden. This one is definitely a keeper!
Be sure to save this Italian Bean Salad recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Italian Bean Salad
- Olive tapenade
- White wine vinegar
- Olive oil
- Produce: garlic, fresh green beans, cherry tomatoes, fresh parsley
- Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
- Cannellini beans
- Mozzarella cheese
- Artichoke hearts
Italian Bean Salad
A healthy, protein packed salad featuring two kinds of beans, pepperoni, cheese, artichoke hearts, peppers and an Italian vinaigrette.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings
- Category: Salad
- Method: Refrigerated
- Cuisine: Italian
For the vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup purchased olive tapenade
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the salad::
- 8 ounces fresh green beans, trimmed and halved
- 2 (15 oz.) cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup halved grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced pepperoni
- 1/2 cup sliced pepperonicini
- 1 (6.5 oz.) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 2-3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Whisk together the ingredients for the vinaigrette and set aside.
- Blanch the green beans in boiling water until just tender, 3-4 minutes. Transfer to a bowl of ice water; drain.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Add green beans and toss to mix. Stir in vinaigrette and mix gently to coat.
- Refrigerate until serving.
Keywords: italian, bean, salad
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Cuisine at Home