HOLIDAY ANTIPASTO SPREAD — This amazingly flavorful cream cheese spread will be the hit of any holiday party. All the ingredients from your favorite antipasto appetizer platter in a delicious, creamy dip!
Friends, if you try only one new appetizer recipe this holiday season, it’s got to be this amazing Holiday Antipasto Spread!
Cream cheese–with a touch of sour cream–are mixed together and loaded with Italian herbs, shredded cheese, roasted red peppers, chopped salami, olives and green onions.
Then everything is topped off with a sun dried tomatoes in oil to create a festive spread that’s as beautiful as it is delicious.
I try more new appetizer recipes during the holidays than I do any other time of year. Well, except for maybe the Super Bowl…..but this one was such a hit with my family, it will be appearing every Christmas at our house from now on.
This spread one of those deliciously addictive concoctions that it’s kind of hard to stop eating. Take this to a party and it will be the first thing to disappear!
I like to serve this spread with a variety of crackers, but toasted baguette slices and even fresh vegetables would be great too.
This recipe does work best if everything is really finely chopped. And since I didn’t want to spend all day chopping, I put most of the ingredients in my food processor and pulsed it a few times.
It worked perfectly, and helped this fabulous cheese spread come together in no time. It tastes even better when it’s made the day before, so all the flavors have a chance to mingle.
I do recommend waiting until just before serving to add the sun dried tomato topping. A sprig of fresh rosemary makes it even more festive.
Like I said, if you only try one new appetizer this holiday season, it’s got to be this Holiday Antipasto Spread. You won’t regret it!
Be sure to save this recipe for Holiday Antipasto Spread to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Holiday Antipasto Spread
- Cream cheese
- Sour cream
- Spices: Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, pepper
- Cheddar cheese
- Roasted red peppers
- Green olives
- Produce: Green onions, garlic
- Crackers, for serving
- 2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers, finely chopped
- 5-6 ounces salami, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup green olives, finely chopped
- 3-4 green onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup sun dried tomatoes in oil
- Fresh rosemary, for garnish
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, pepper and garlic.
- Mix in shredded cheese, red peppers, salami, olives and green onions. Spread mixture into a serving dish. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Before serving, bring to room temperature. Top with sun dried tomatoes in oil and fresh rosemary, for garnish. Serve with crackers, baguette slices or vegetables.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Recipe Tin Eats