SLOW COOKER CRANBERRY ORANGE PORK TENDERLOIN — Pork tenderloin, slow cooked in a cranberry and orange sauce with golden raisins. The perfect holiday dinner!
Pork tenderloin is one of my family’s favorite cuts of meat. It’s pretty much a staple at our house.
And this Slow Cooker Cranberry Orange Pork Tenderloin is fancy enough to serve for Christmas dinner!
We made this last night and it was fantastic! My husband and I both agreed it will go in our recipe book. We will definitely make it again. Would also be perfect for a family gathering or dinner party. ~ Chrissi
Cranberry and orange is such a great combination of flavors too, especially for the holidays. And don’t be afraid of the golden raisins that are thrown into the mix.
My family was skeptical, but they add a wonderful sweetness. Basically, we loved everything about this pork roast–including the golden raisins.
With the fresh cranberries and orange juice, the raisins cook down into this wonderful, chutney-like sauce that’s the perfect accompaniment to slices of this tender, delicious cut of pork.
Not only does this tenderloin taste amazing, it makes a beautiful presentation on your holiday table too. Your friends and family will think you spent hours in the kitchen!
They don’t need to know the truth. That you’ll need about 10 minutes of prep time to get this roast ready to go into the slow cooker.
Made this today for supper–delicious! Thanks for the recipe. ~ Regenia
While the roast cooks, you’ll have plenty of time to spend with family and finish up your other holiday menu items.
Just before serving, you’ll simmer the sauce from the slow cooker with some cranberries and raisins, and dinner is served.
I tested this recipe on my family before settling on it for our Christmas dinner main dish. The vote was unanimous! We all want this Cranberry Orange Pork Tenderloin on our holiday table!
Be sure to save this Slow Cooker Cranberry Orange Pork Tenderloin recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Slow Cooker Cranberry Orange Pork Tenderloin
- Pork tenderloin
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh cranberries
- Golden raisins
- Orange juice
- Produce: garlic, fresh parsley, oranges
- 1 (2-3 pound) pork tenderloin roast
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- Fresh chopped parsley and orange slices, for garnish
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the pork tenderloin with salt and pepper, and brown on all sides, about 5-6 minutes total. Transfer the pork to a lightly greased, 6-quart slow cooker.
- Add the cranberries, raisins, orange juice, honey and garlic to the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for about 3 hours, or until a thermometer reads 145 degrees. Remove pork to a cutting board and let stand 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, strain the liquid from the slow cooker through a fine mesh strainer into a medium saucepan, reserving the cranberries and raisins. Whisk together the water and cornstarch in a small bowl, then whisk into the liquid from the slow cooker.
- Bring the liquid to a boil over high heat, whisking constantly, until thickened. Stir in the reserved cranberries and raisins. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve the pork with the sauce, and fresh parsley and orange slices to garnish, if desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 201 Total Fat: 6g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 31mg Sodium: 380mg Carbohydrates: 26g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 20g Protein: 12g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Weight Watchers Magazine