CRISPY SLOW COOKER CARNITAS — Savory slow cooked pulled pork is finished off under the broiler for a delicious, crispy texture. Perfect for tacos, burritos, nachos and more!
I’ve tried a lot of pork taco recipes. A lot. And these Crispy Slow Cooker Carnitas are by far my favorite pork taco filling!
I’ve made this twice and it’s been great both times! Broiling the meat is a such a good idea and the recipe directions are easy to follow. Two thumbs up! ~ Casy
I made this for dinner tonight. I give it two thumbs up. It’s delicious! I’ll be making it often. ~ Vicki
Be sure to save this Crispy Slow Cooker Carnitas recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Crispy Slow Cooker Carnitas
- Canola oil
- Pork tenderloin
- Chicken broth
- Produce: onion, garlic, limes
- Canned chipotles in adobo
- Spices: cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 (2 lb.) pork tenderloin
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-2 teaspoons chopped chipotle in adobo sauce
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Lime wedges
- Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat.
- Add the pork and sear on each side until browned (about 2 minutes per side). Transfer the pork to the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, stir together chicken broth, onions, garlic, chipotle and spices. Pour over the pork in the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours until the pork is completely tender and shreds easily with a fork.
- When the pork is cooked, preheat the broiler to high heat and cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Using a fork, shred the pork into bite-sized pieces, then use a slotted spoon to transfer it to the baking sheet, spreading it evenly in a single layer. Do not discard the remaining broth from the slow cooker.
- Place the baking sheet under the broiler for about 5 minutes, or until the edges of the pork begin crisping up. Gently toss the pork with tongs and return to the oven for an additional 5 minutes, or until pork reaches desired crispiness.
- Place pork into a bowl or serving dish and toss with some of the remaining broth from the slow cooker.
- Serve in tortillas with fresh lime wedges and your favorite toppings.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 66Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 692mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 5g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished it Up First: Adapted from Gimme Some Oven.