CRISPY SLOW COOKER CARNITAS — Savory slow cooked pulled pork is finished off under the broiler for a delicious, crispy texture. Perfect for tacos, burritos, nachos and more!
I’ve tried a lot of pork taco recipes. A lot. And these Crispy Slow Cooker Carnitas are by far my favorite pork taco filling!
I’ve made this twice and it’s been great both times! Broiling the meat is a such a good idea and the recipe directions are easy to follow. Two thumbs up! ~ Casy
I made this for dinner tonight. I give it two thumbs up. It’s delicious! I’ll be making it often. ~ Vicki
Be sure to save this Crispy Slow Cooker Carnitas recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Crispy Slow Cooker Carnitas
- Canola oil
- Pork tenderloin
- Chicken broth
- Produce: onion, garlic, limes
- Canned chipotles in adobo
- Spices: cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper
Crispy Slow Cooker Carnitas
Savory slow cooked pulled pork is finished off under the broiler for a delicious, crispy texture. Perfect for tacos, burritos, nachos and more!
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 (2 lb.) pork tenderloin
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-2 teaspoons chopped chipotle in adobo sauce
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Lime wedges
- Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat.
- Add the pork and sear on each side until browned (about 2 minutes per side). Transfer the pork to the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, stir together chicken broth, onions, garlic, chipotle and spices. Pour over the pork in the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours until the pork is completely tender and shreds easily with a fork.
- When the pork is cooked, preheat the broiler to high heat and cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Using a fork, shred the pork into bite-sized pieces, then use a slotted spoon to transfer it to the baking sheet, spreading it evenly in a single layer. Do not discard the remaining broth from the slow cooker.
- Place the baking sheet under the broiler for about 5 minutes, or until the edges of the pork begin crisping up. Gently toss the pork with tongs and return to the oven for an additional 5 minutes, or until pork reaches desired crispiness.
- Place pork into a bowl or serving dish and toss with some of the remaining broth from the slow cooker.
- Serve in tortillas with fresh lime wedges and your favorite toppings.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 66Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 692mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 5g
Homemade tortillas are the perfect accompaniment to these carnitas. Learn How to Make Homemade Flour Tortillas here!
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram | Twitter
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
More Delicious Pork Recipes
Thai Peanut Pork Tenderloin
Pork tenderloin is pan-seared, then finished off in the oven and glazed with a flavorful Thai peanut sauce.
Slow Cooker Pork Chili Verde
Tender pork, slow cooked in a spicy chili verde sauce. Delicious on it's own, or served with warm tortillas and a dollop of sour cream.
Ultimate Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
With the perfect blend of seasonings and spices, this slow cooked pulled pork is some of the best you'll ever try!
Slow Cooker Cranberry Orange Pork Tenderloin
Pork tenderloin, slow cooked in a cranberry and orange sauce with golden raisins. The perfect holiday dinner!
Brown Sugar and Balsamic Glazed Pork Loin (Slow Cooker)
Slow cooked pork tenderloin, finished off with a balsamic, soy sauce and brown sugar glaze.
Grilled Pineapple Pepper Jelly Pork Chops
Pork chops are marinaded in a pineapple and pepper jelly mixture, then grilled and served alongside grilled pineapple in this delicious dinner dish!
Spicy Pork Tacos with Green Apple Slaw
Savory marinated pork is served in tortillas with a tangy green apple slaw and a drizzle of lemon yogurt sauce in these tasty tacos that are bursting with flavor.
Slow Cooker Cuban Mojo Pork Tacos
Pork roast is slow-cooked in a blend of herbs and spices, then shredded and tossed in a spicy tangy sauce and served in warm tortillas.
Who Dished it Up First: Adapted from Gimme Some Oven.
Gina @ Kleinworth & Co.
OH my- I love carnitas. I can’t get enough. I sooooo needed this recipe. Thank you!
I love this idea! I’m never a fan of the “mushy” slow-cooker carnitas texture, but this I could get on board with!
This looks perfect–and cooked in a crock pot is a plus. I will try it.
I made this for dinner tonight. I give it two thumbs up. It’s delicious! I’ll be making it often.
So glad you liked it Vicki!
I’ve made this twice and it’s been great both times! Broiling the meat is a such a good idea and the recipe directions are easy to follow. Two thumbs up!