POTATO CHIP CRUSTED GRILLED CORN — Grilled corn on the cob coated in a spicy mayonnaise and sour cream mixture, then rolled in sour cream and onion potato chips for added flavor and crunch.
Once your corn is grilled, it’s slathered in a Tex-mex flavored mayonnaise and sour cream spread, then rolled in crushed potato chips. Which really has me thinking about how much any vegetable would be pretty tasty rolled in crushed potato chips.
If you’re wary of slathering your corn in mayonnaise and sour cream, don’t be. It’s a traditional Mexican way of eating corn on the cob that’s absolutely delicious.
And if you’re wondering, yes, this corn is totally messy to eat, but totally worth it! Of course, if you’d like to keep things a little bit neater, you can always cut the kernels off the corn, stir in the mayonnaise mixture, then sprinkle the potato chips on top.
Some recipes for grilled corn suggest extra steps, like wrapping it in foil. But I find I can just brush it with some oil, sprinkle it with salt and pepper, and put it right on the grill.
About 12-15 minutes at medium high heat usually works for me. Just be sure to turn the corn every 2-3 minutes to ensure even cooking. and of course, every grill is different, so be sure to adjust the temperature and cooking time accordingly.
And you can definitely use different styles and flavors of potato chips in this recipe. Tortilla chips or Doritos will work too, as well as almost any flavor of traditional potato chips. So feel free to have fun and experiment with all the possibilities.
If you’re looking to serve something unique at your next backyard barbecue, I definitely recommend this potato chip crusted grilled corn. It will have all your friends and neighbors asking for the recipe.
Be sure to save this Potato Chip Crusted Grilled Corn recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Potato Chip Crusted Grilled Corn
- Sour cream
- Produce: fresh cilantro, corn on the cob
- Spices: salt and pepper, chili powder, cayenne pepper
- Lime juice
- Vegetable oil
- Potato chips
Potato Chip Crusted Grilled Corn
Grilled corn on the cob coated in a spicy mayonnaise and sour cream mixture, then rolled in sour cream and onion potato chips for added flavor and crunch.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 6-8 servings
- Category: Side Dish
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6-8 ears corn on the cob, husks removed
- 1 cup finely crushed sour cream and onion potato chips
- Preheat grill for medium high heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, sour cream, cilantro, spices and lime juice. Set aside. Place crushed potato chips in a large, shallow dish.
- Brush corn with vegetable oil. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Place corn on preheated grill and cook, covered, for 12-15 minutes, turning often, until tender.
- When cool enough to handle, spread corn cobs with mayonnaise mixture, then roll in potato chips. Serve immediately.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Taste of Home