MEXICAN STREET CORN PASTA SALAD — All the flavors of Mexican street corn, including fresh grilled corn on the cob, come together in this colorful and delicious pasta salad.
If you’re planning an end-of-summer Labor Day barbecue (and even if you aren’t), I highly recommend putting this Mexican Street Corn Pasta Salad on your menu.
It’s one of the best pasta salads I’ve ever tried, and it’s definitely going into the favorites file.
This is so good! I’ve made it twice now and it will be a regular dish in our home in the future. Thanks for the amazing recipe! ~ Tara
This salad is bursting with all the flavors of Mexican street corn–the grilled corn being the star ingredient. That’s what Mexican street corn is, after all–grilled corn topped with a zesty chile-lime spread and sprinkled with cheese.
It only takes about 10 minutes to grill the corn. So I beg of you, don’t take shortcuts and use the plain old, un-grilled variety.
Throw a few crunchy veggies, liked diced red pepper, and a creamy dressing into the mix and you’ve got yourself a winning combination.
In fact, I recently served this pasta salad for company and it got rave reviews from my guests. And I love that it’s such a unique twist on the usual pasta salad, yet still filled with all the flavors of summer.
My husband is a pasta salad fanatic, and this is one of his favorites. Come to think of it, it’s also one of my favorites.
Wanted to tell you that I made this salad for a pot luck Labor Day picnic yesterday – BIG BIG hit. ~ Jen
If you’re looking for something new and delicious to take to a neighborhood potluck or backyard barbecue, I highly recommend this Street Corn Pasta Salad. Just be prepared to get lots of requests for the recipe!
Be sure to save this Mexican Street Corn Pasta Salad recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Mexican Street Corn Pasta Salad
- Produce: corn on the cob, red bell peppers, green onions, jalapeno, fresh cilantro
- Olive oil
- Cotija or feta cheese
- Spices: chili powder, salt and pepper
- Sour cream
- Lime juice
- 3-4 ears corn on the cob
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces rotini pasta
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2-3 tablespoons seeded, chopped jalapeno
- 1/2 cup Cotija or feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup mayonaisse
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon chile powder
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Preheat outdoor grill for medium-high heat.
- Brush corn with olive oil. Grill, turning frequently, until lightly charred all over, 10-15 minutes; cool and cut corn from the cob.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Rinse under cool water and drain.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta, grilled corn, red pepper, green onions, jalapeno, cheeses and cilantro. In a small bowl, whisk together ingredients for dressing.
- Stir dressing into pasta and corn mixture. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Refrigerate until serving.
Made this last night and husband can’t quit raving about it over and over. It’s a winner. I am a chef by trade and he is a great cook, so thank you for sharing with everyone! ~ Anne
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Inspired by Cinnamon Spice and Everything Nice