BLUEBERRIES AND CREAM DUMP CAKE — This easy dump cake begins with a yellow cake mix and features fresh blueberries and a blueberry whipped cream Greek yogurt topping.
I love a good dump cake recipe, and this Blueberries and Cream Dump Cake was a unique and delicious dessert that got rave reviews from my family.
Honestly, I was a bit skeptical of the blueberry Greek yogurt and whipped cream topping for this cake, but I was pleasantly surprised. Without it, this would have simply been a blueberry dump cake.
And since I had some fresh blueberries I really needed to use, I figured it was worth a try. I was not disappointed, and neither were my husband and hungry teenagers.
The creamy topping was really delicious, and made this cake stand out from other dump cake recipes I’ve tried. So if you’re worried about the yogurt topping, don’t be. It was literally the icing on the cake!
If you’re not familiar with dump cakes, they basically consist of dumping a cake mix into a pan with a lot of melted butter, and a few other ingredients, depending on what flavor of dump cake you’re making.
The best thing about dump cakes is that they’re so easy to make. Which means they’re a perfect way to introduce kids to baking. Most dump cake recipes are pretty fool-proof, and this one was no exception.
You can use fresh or frozen blueberries in this recipe. I used fresh because that’s what I had on hand, but either will work.
Normally I make my dump cakes in a 9×13 pan, but I used a 12-inch skillet this time for a bit of a rustic flare. But a good old rectangular baking pan will work just fine.
If you’re not up for trying the creamy blueberry yogurt topping, I think a scoop of vanilla ice cream and some fresh blueberry sauce would be equally delicious. Enjoy!
Be sure to save this Blueberries and Cream Dump Cake recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Blueberries and Cream Dump Cake
- Produce: blueberries, lemons
- Brown sugar
- Yellow cake mix
- Powdered sugar
- Blueberry yogurt
Blueberries and Cream Dump Cake
This easy dump cake begins with a yellow cake mix and features fresh blueberries and a blueberry whipped cream Greek yogurt topping.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 6-8 servings
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- 4 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 (15.25 oz.) yellow cake mix
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, melted
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1-2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 (6 oz.) container Blueberry Greek Yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a large (12-inch) cast iron skillet or a 9×13-inch baking dish with softened butter or non-stick cooking spray
- Add the blueberries to the prepared baking dish. Add the brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and lemon zest. Toss to combine. Sprinkle the cake mix evenly over the blueberry mixture. Pour the melted butter over the cake mix, but do not stir.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until golden brown.
- While the cake bakes, whip the cream and powdered sugar with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Fold in the blueberry yogurt.
- Serve the cake warm or at room temperature, topped with a dollop of the blueberry cream and fresh blueberries, if desired.
Keywords: blueberry, dump cake
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Tablespoon