SPICY ROASTED ASIAN GREEN BEANS — Fresh green beans are roasted in a sweet and spicy soy sauce mixture, then finished off with a garnish of sesame seeds in this unique side dish everyone will love!
And these Spicy Roasted Asian Green Beans were a big hit with the whole family. They have a slightly spicy flair, with a hint of sweetness that we all loved.
Even with the Asian-inspired sauce, these beans really would go great with almost any meal. We especially like them as a side for grilled salmon. But my boys would happily eat them alongside almost any main dish.
I’m certainly not going to complain about that! When they were little, their pediatrician said parents were lucky if their kids liked two vegetables and one of them was French fries.
So I consider it a success when they have two favorite veggies, and actually get excited when I tell them these green beans are on the menu.
Even better, these green beans are so easy to make. I always use fresh beans in this recipe, but I think thawed, frozen green beans would work too.
The beans are roasted at high heat, which gives them a nice char that adds great flavor. Then of course there’s the delicious glaze, which combines soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, red pepper flakes and ginger.
Which give the beans a bit of a kick, without being overly spicy. If you are worried about the heat level, use the smaller measurement of red pepper flakes.
This is one of the easiest vegetable sides in my recipe repertoire, and I feel great knowing my kids are happily eating their veggies. If you’re looking for an exciting new way to prepare green beans, you’ve got to try these Asian-style roasted beans!
Be sure to save this Spicy Roasted Asian Green Beans recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Spicy Roasted Asian Green Beans
- Produce: green beans, garlic
- Sesame oil
- Spices: salt and pepper, red pepper flakes, ground ginger
- Soy sauce
- Brown sugar
- Sesame seeds
Spicy Roasted Asian Green Beans
Fresh green beans are roasted in a sweet and spicy soy sauce mixture, then finished off with a garnish of sesame seeds in this unique side dish everyone will love!
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Roasted
- Cuisine: Asian
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, toss beans with half of the sesame oil. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Spread in an even layer on the prepared pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together garlic, red pepper flakes, soy sauce, brown sugar, ground ginger and remaining sesame oil.
- Remove beans from oven and drizzle sauce over beans. Toss to coat. Return to oven and bake 8-12 minutes more, or until beans are tender and slightly charred. Sprinkle with sesame seeds before serving.
Keywords: asian, green beans
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: This is an original recipe