THE BEST 3 INGREDIENT HASHBROWNS — Perfectly diced and seasoned hashbrowns made with just three ingredients.
I LOVE hashbrowns! Especially “Southern style” hashbrowns, where the potatoes are diced instead of shredded. And my younger brother recently introduced me to a great hashbrown seasoning hack.
Now I can make The Best 3 Ingredient Hashbrowns with just three (obviously) simple ingredients!
The secret is steak seasoning! That’s right, all you need for perfect hashbrowns are some diced potatoes, butter, and Montreal steak seasoning. Believe me, it’s the only way I season my hashbrowns now.
My boys were so excited about homemade hashbrowns for breakfast. Believe me, it’s not something I usually serve first thing in the morning. I think they thought it was Christmas!
And now I’m wondering what else I can use steak seasoning for.
Of course, it does take some extra work to peel and dice the potatoes for this recipe, and although it’s totally worth it, there’s not always time for that. So feel free to cut your potatoes into larger chunks–you could even leave them unpeeled–for a more rustic version of this dish.
And I’m sure the steak seasoning trick would work with traditional hashbrowns made with shredded potatoes. Like I said, the secret is in the steak seasoning.
Plus plenty of butter, of course! The point is, these hashbrowns will be delicious no matter what size or shape of potatoes you use. Here’s another family secret…..sometimes we turn our leftover French fries into hashbrowns using this method. Amazing!
Heck, you could even buy a bag of the frozen Southern-style hashbrowns and just add the butter and steak seasoning if you were really pressed for time.
If you’re looking for an easy, delicious way to spice up breakfast at your house, then give the Best Three Ingredient Hashbrowns a try soon.
Be sure to save this recipe for the Best Three Ingredient Hashbrowns to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make The Best 3 Ingredient Hash Browns
- Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 6 medium Russet potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 3-5 tablespoons butter
- 1-2 tablespoons steak seasoning blend
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add quartered potatoes and simmer for 10-15 minutes, until potatoes are still firm, but can be pierced with a fork. Drain potatoes and cool slightly.
- When potatoes are cool enough to handle, dice them into small cubes.
- Melt 3 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add potatoes and 1 tablespoon of steak seasoning.
- Cook, stirring often, until potatoes are golden brown and cooked through, about 15 minutes. Add more butter as needed, and more steak seasoning, to taste, if desired. Serve hot!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 259Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 25mgSodium: 582mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 4gSugar: 2gProtein: 5g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: This is an original recipe